Need Help on Unknown Dual-Engine TVP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

necromaster

Dear guys,

I've not been on this forum for quite a time but I still run my savage. So here it goes. I was at an lhs yesterday an they put some old stuff to let go. All goes for irresistible prices. After go through all of them, I was stuck at this TVP. I know it belong to savage. At first I thought it was a custom savage XL TVP, but then I found the engine mount for this TVP. I cant believe what i found, its a dual engine mount. So i grab them.

But then I cant find the center dogbone for this chasis. Since I don't know who makes this TVP, I might not be able to find the center dogbone. Or maybe it can use std savage XL center dogbone? Can anyone recognize this TVP? The length of this TVP is about 37.5cm

The pics and comparison pics to std TVP.

lol.. thanks xll for the quick response, btw the purple tvp is for comparison..

so the tvp came from IRC.. wow, i never thought i could see one here.. so do u know if the rear center dogbone is same with savage xl? one more thing, how much this tvp will cost us out there? tq in advance..

i don't think that is the IRC set. it looks like the Hot Bodies Big Twin setup that i have on my savage. i even see the holes that it has in the engine plate so that the fuel tank can mount to it. i can take some better pictures if u would like.

Those definately aren't IRC TVPs, that's what I used for my rebuild last year. Like Matt (soulja)said, I believe those are the TVPs and motor mounts for the Hot Bodies Twinzilla upgrade. Unsure of the rear center dogbone length.

i don't think that is the IRC set. it looks like the Hot Bodies Big Twin setup that i have on my savage. i even see the holes that it has in the engine plate so that the fuel tank can mount to it. i can take some better pictures if u would like.

Those definately aren't IRC TVPs, that's what I used for my rebuild last year. Like Matt (soulja)said, I believe those are the TVPs and motor mounts for the Hot Bodies Twinzilla upgrade. Unsure of the rear center dogbone length.

thanks a lot Matt and xtremsavage, i've done some search with all info you guys gave and i found this link (http://www.hotbodiesonline.com/manuals/hb55305.pdf).. yes, it is a Truckzilla Twin. tqvm guys.. now i know wat to do next.

btw guys, do you use the TVP with all of its component together or you modify some of the parts? can i have some pictures on how your looks like? i couldn't find the fuel tank anywhere on the net so i might need some idea on how to mount those tanks..

Just look up the mid-tank conversion. Since it uses the same front end, all the parts will fit just fine.

thanks for the idea Brian. I looked Matt's build on the Twinzilla and they are awesome. I'm should start put things together now. :)

^ good luck the parts arent made anymore. I got the tvps but the rest like the fuel tank I couldnt find. New Era makes their own twin engine setup but I didnt like it.

^ good luck the parts arent made anymore. I got the tvps but the rest like the fuel tank I couldnt find. New Era makes their own twin engine setup but I didnt like it.

I saw someone selling twinzilla kit at rctech but he told me its already been sold. Maybe I will custom made some parts.. Still thinking how to put them together though.. :thinking:

That's what i was thinking of when i first saw those tvps.
New Era not IRC.

No problem man. :cool:

check this tank out....you may want to mount it in the fron to balance out you weight......just a thought. i think the next regular savage i build will use a tank link this
http://www.neweramodels.com/item.cgi?session_id=&part_id=1853

Thanks for the link Matt. But IMHO I think that the tank position will be too vulnerable during cartwheeling (not that I want to do it though). I'm still thinking about doing mid tank mod like Brian said.

Latest posts

Members online

Back