My truck got some nice new mitts today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chronic

On a car, rims like these would make me puke. But i've been eye balling them for my truck for so long.

My stock savage rubber was ripped and filled with so much **** that they wobbled like mad and probably was the cause for alot of suspension and linkage wear I've noticed.

So, after buying these losi king pin tires expecting to just swap the rubber. I got most of one tire off the first rim in an hour and a half and said **** this!!

Went back and bought these rims too.
I didn't realize the stance would be THIS wide. I knew the offset was much different but what ever. Looks mean and I actually have traction :D stock savage x rtr tires sucked imo.

Picture020-2.jpg

don't mention the toe angle. I haven't set that yet. I just threw them on, replaced my servos and a ton of other **** and went for a rip before it got too late so. I'm doing that now.
Picture019-3.jpg

Picture018-1.jpg

Picture017-1.jpg

I love it. When I get some time I'm going to paint my cage flat black too. So it should look very nice as long as I can keep the rims from getting scratched to hell.

Kinda! That trucks nice... I was looking at it today, but rather than wishing to buy it, I've been wanting to buy another 4.6x so I have an infinite ammount of spare parts since this thing has been the biggest ***** lately. Its got some miles on it thats for sure, so its not suprising. Just lame.

But yeah, they're nice. I like them. And like I said, best part is I have some traction.

Ohh! I meant to ask but forgot. The stock rims had a tiny hole drilled in them for air.
These didn't. So when I installed my ruber. Some tires didn't have full air. Or maybe they did and ripping on the cool grass deflated them a bit.

Should I put a little pin prick hole in? I didn't want to because I didn't want any water getting inside. But, temperature changes here so quickly I don't want to deal with different pressures all the time.

i have the same rims in chrome, and the stablemaxx version and love them, very strong

ugh... well, you must have gotten better ones than I did.

****en, maybe the fifth ride I've got on these and I literally cracked the entire center section of one of my rims from sliding on gravel and hitting the grass sideways.

What a joke... I never assumed they'd be this weak. Only reason I'm choked is since getting the rubber off is going to drive me insane.

RPM STABLE MAX :duh: I'll let the pics speak because every time I say they are junk No one will listen... O but their RPM... Warranty this and that. I did this on their third tank. Runing in just grass no jumps no nothing I ran over a small stick and snapo! These are the worst rim out for a savage. Last I knew RPM was working on a rim just for the savage. But after these, I'll never try it. :nono:
RPM STEW
Mar13_0006.jpg

A TIRE SAVED IS A TIRE EARNED
Mar13_0015.jpg

ugh... well, you must have gotten better ones than I did.

****en, maybe the fifth ride I've got on these and I literally cracked the entire center section of one of my rims from sliding on gravel and hitting the grass sideways.

What a joke... I never assumed they'd be this weak. Only reason I'm choked is since getting the rubber off is going to drive me insane.

Man that sucks! Tires and rims ain't cheap. Maybe you should invest in the Maximizer bead locks. I've been thinking about getting them for a while now.

I stayed away from these because I could tell they were weak by just looking at them.
This thread confirms my suspicions.
The new type wheels from RPM look much better.

RPM STABLE MAX :duh: I'll let the pics speak because every time I say they are junk No one will listen... O but their RPM... Warranty this and that. I did this on their third tank. Runing in just grass no jumps no nothing I ran over a small stick and snapo! These are the worst rim out for a savage. Last I knew RPM was working on a rim just for the savage. But after these, I'll never try it. :nono:
RPM STEW
Mar13_0006.jpg

A TIRE SAVED IS A TIRE EARNED
Mar13_0015.jpg

Man you keep scaring me with those pictures!

Nice looking truck. I really like the cage on it.

I saw, don't remind me about that either. Maybe I should just take them off the rims now and save myself the headache of the rim braking first.

Yes, the rims need to have holes in them. This lets air escape, letting the foam soften your landings. It also lets the tire grow at high speeds. If you are running in water & mud, put a small piece of tape over the holes. I would use a small drill bit and put two holes in each rim.

Boo lol, thats exactly what I've got going on. Damn well, I guess I'll try and rip the tires off and put them on something else.

Latest posts

Members online

Back