My Savage Octane runs awful

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

francis Labarbara

I am very happy it does run. It is 4 cycling on full throttle and I can't seem to tune it out. I did tanks 5-8 today. It sounds like a ruptured chainsaw. It did clear out once and shift and it was awesome. Any sugestions on tuning out an Octane. Should I just be patient still and leave it alone?

Yes 1 HSN and 1 7/12 LSN. I tried leaning it out but it starts surging and stalling.

Put it on a stand and try increasing your idle, once it started let it idle for 5mins to warm-up the engine. Then gradually pull the trigger, if it stalls, richen your LSN a bit. If it struggles to run while pulling the trigger, lean it a bit. The engine shouldn't stall at 1/4 to 1/2 pull of the trigger.

After that, do a WOT. If it stalls at WOT, richen the HSN 1/8 turn. Listen to the highest rpm during WOT while leaning your HSN. Then back it up 1/8 turn after hearing its highest rpm during WOT.

As for shifting, its still in its break-in process. I was patient enough to hear it shift to 2nd and 3rd gear. But if you're eager to hear it shift, lock out 3rd gear first and adjust the 2nd gear to your liking. After you're satisfied with the 2nd gear, open the 3rd gear 1 full turn at a time.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
It starts and runs fine without stalling on stock needle settings. It just makes no power. If I lean it a bit it starts surging. If I lean it a bit more it surges worse and dies sometimes..

Latest posts

Members online

Back