My savage 25 basher project...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
]-[0pa]0ng;20157 said:
Santa - Did the upper hinge pin fit in place? Or does it slide all the way threw? It should stop but another person bought the bulks and the upper pin slides threw and doesn't stop. Just thought I would ask and see. Other than that your truck is looking really nice. Oh, how is the weight issue of those bulks. Very noticeable compared to stock?

It fits in place just fine, and no, they don't go through.
I don't have any Integy steering parts IN USE, although I've got two hubs..

The lower hinge pins came with the Integy skid plates, E/C-clips on them so they won't slide out.

Although, I had to modify the bulkhead to fit the shock tower properly..
As shown in the pic below, the "round" portion of the bulkhead was to small for the round area on the shock tower, so I couldn't close the gap,

P1010167.jpg

As for the weight, well it's not light if that's what you mean... .P

I'm actually looking forward to having some "low center of gravity weight" to throw around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hrmf. It's been two years it seems :D

Still got this savage, Ordered a few new things:

HPI Aluminum Clutch Shoe Set 3 Piece

- The current clutch sticks, it's engaged at idle.

HPI Flywheel 34MM 3 Pin Savage RTR

- Mine is damaged due to a rock between it, and the engine.

HPI Radio Box Cover Clear

- The one I've got is cracked, this one was cheap.

Robinson Racing Steel Combo 52T/14T

The current spur is crooked

Axial .32 Spec 1S Engine Green

-The engine I've got is a hard starter... Guess it's time for a new one.

RD Logics Twin Exhaust Pipe with Dual Stingers for Savage - Polished

- The exhaust I've got isn't working as it's kinda dented...

HPI Spring 4.9X8X7MM Washer Set Savage

- Washers+spring+nut ++ for the main clutch

Hrmf. It's been two years it seems :D

Still got this savage, Ordered a few new things:

HPI Aluminum Clutch Shoe Set 3 Piece

- The current clutch sticks, it's engaged at idle.

HPI Flywheel 34MM 3 Pin Savage RTR

- Mine is damaged due to a rock between it, and the engine.

HPI Radio Box Cover Clear

- The one I've got is cracked, this one was cheap.

Robinson Racing Steel Combo 52T/14T

The current spur is crooked

Axial .32 Spec 1S Engine Green

-The engine I've got is a hard starter... Guess it's time for a new one.

RD Logics Twin Exhaust Pipe with Dual Stingers for Savage - Polished

- The exhaust I've got isn't working as it's kinda dented...

HPI Spring 4.9X8X7MM Washer Set Savage

- Washers+spring+nut ++ for the main clutch

I run the 52t 14t on my truck but if you switch to a 49t 17t you will get the most out of your mill that way. I will be switching my truck to that but just haven't bought anything yet.

I've already got that combo...

This is just to keep my options up, turned out it's not my spurr that's crooked, it's my upper drive shaft !

hey santa.....first off.......let me commend you on an awesome build.......but at the same time let me give you a little warning. when building a truck like this with some much billet and aluminum....you have to be careful how you bash! when the plastic pieces were on the truck...it gave the the truck a "flex point". now...with everything solid.....the "flex point" is now gone. so after a hard jump or a bad landing the truck is more suceptable to bending now. suspension arms and mounting points are the main benders/breakers/stress crack areas......so keep a close eye on those spots. i found this out the hard way when i had my first savage (about 6 years ago!!)
but anyways.....AWESOME BUILD!!!

cool.....just didnt't want to see all that hard earned money get messed up!!!!!!

I'm looking forward to the new parts, I'll take her out tomorrow if I get better, (got the flu)

Perhaps I'll even find out why she won't idle properly... She always dies after a few seconds..

I'm looking forward to the new parts, I'll take her out tomorrow if I get better, (got the flu)

Perhaps I'll even find out why she won't idle properly... She always dies after a few seconds..

you ain't got that swine flu do ya????

Nope, don't think so...

Damned rims... broke of after a "small" jump..

16052009205.jpg

16052009206.jpg

16052009207.jpg

16052009208.jpg

any suggestions to what type of rims\tires I should go for ?

Btw, the diifflocker worked out great..

DON'T take me for an idiot when it comes to the color of the wheel lock nuts, those are factory colored the wrong color.

i would say go for either zombies or bad lands if your a basher. mulchers are good to but not the best if you like running on the road. for rims id go with the maximizer 1/2 inch offset. this is the combo i want for mine anyways. cool truck and like soulja says watch the bashing.

I went for RPM Titan Stablemaxx & dirtbonz..

Dirt Bonz XS tires

Slightly offset rims supposed to add 1.2" to the width hehe...

"We offer a 100% breakage guarantee on these as well so you know they’ll be just as durable as every other wheel RPM has ever produced!"

So they guarantee that they break ?

Last edited by a moderator:
nice....nice. how do you like that pipe? how does it perform

Some people may laugh, but using the stock axial 32 run in settings the savage popped wheelies instantly with that pipe, with the polished "tuned" pipe I run with now, the truck became a lot harder to do wheelies with, and it would not rev properly.. I had to adjust the high speed needle about 5 x 1\8's to get it up to the level of the quad thingy.....

I still believe the quad thingy is worse than the polished pipe after it's tuned, I never tried tuning the quad pipe....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back