My savage 25 basher project...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SantaClaw

I've got a Savage 25 limited as a base car..

P1010114.jpg

P1010106.jpg

I've already got the following upgrades:
Mach 0.28.
HPI wheelie bar.
All drive axles are uniball.
Hardened 15 tooth clutch bell.
Robinson racing hardened spur gear.
Some of the front suspension is alloy.

Because the hot bodies twin 0.26 kit was sold out I've ordered other stuff in stead.

Should there be any form of lube in the gearbox ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Santa - I'm trying to set up a Dealer account with those guys. If you look they anodizing any part you want in blk. I've ordered everything they have from bulk ext arms upper and lower ext lcg tvps engine plate. Stuff should be about done. I will be doing a article write up. They are the Biggest dist. for FLM.

Awww crapp..

Rcplanet has for no reason refunded the money for my large order of all the parts listed above...

So in stead I've ordered this:

Two of these:
Savage-Hybrid-Top.jpg

Four of these:
hpiarms.jpg

Two of these:
hpistower.jpg

New tuned pipe:
IMX7303-2T.jpg

Center skid plate:
INTT7022P-2.jpg

Two Front/Rear skid plate:
INTT7067P-2.jpg

For the rear, since I already have these in the front:
GHH02058P-2.jpg

INTT7016P-2.jpg

Also I've got some original stock parts coming.
Including a few bearings, a new pullstart, some shock oil, and a set of msr8 shocks. ++

let us know how the flm hybrid bulks work out, been contemplating em for a bit. also, i think with the front one, a modified/integy/flm steering plate has to be used....

sorry bud looking for the review i read a while ago, but cant.
basically, the arm the tierods attach to, and the servo moves is too thick for full steering, as the bulks are huge. i'll keep looking for the review.

[hs] darkshine;18654 said:
sorry bud looking for the review i read a while ago, but cant.
basically, the arm the tierods attach to, and the servo moves is too thick for full steering, as the bulks are huge. i'll keep looking for the review.

So I may need to cut of some of the sides ?

My dremmel wil be up for the task..

I can't see how the alu skid pads can be used without the two "stoppers" I've marked on the damaged skid plate shown in the picture below.

P10001863.jpg

Or is this skid pad ment to be mounted outside of the original skid pad ?

I see they are missing...

T7067P.jpg

[hs] darkshine;18664 said:
i thought they fitted over the originals, but not sure. the stoppers just stop the lower hinge pins pushing through, if ya using the flm bulks, wont be an issue.

hm.. I that integy plate seem to replace this plate as well ?

HPI86067-2.jpg

So I don't think they go over the originals..

You will not need the original HPI alloy plate, the Integy replaces both the alloy and plastic.

Thought I'd change the steering bushes to bearings today..

But, since I'm expecting a bunch of parts, I took off all the parts I'm getting in the mail... :p

Leftover:

P1010126.jpg

Going back on:

P1010127.jpg

Not much left...

P1010128.jpg

2 words - Clean it. J/k but seriously I know your truck is saying please clean Dear Lord I need a Savage bath and new all those parts. While your rebuilding don't forget to : :pizza and beer:

But.... I've cleaned it as good as possible, Every single part of my savage (except the engine bearings\and electrics) has been thoroughly cleaned one by one in a bath....

what remains isn't dirt, its something else which alcohol bath + brush didn't remove...

Apart from the damaged heat sink, there is no way to see that the engine is used... with the naked eye at least... but I see the flash made some dirt apear...

Dammit, I have to re clean it.... :p

Here it is, all re cleaned.

P1010154.jpg

True about the integy steering link being modified or cut in order to fit. My question would be for $7 bucks why not just get the FLM steering link and not worry about any modifications. I have both sterring link but not the bulks. Been debating them as well.

Santa - Did the upper hindge pin fit in place? Or does it slide all the way threw? It should stop but another person bought the bulks and the upper pin slides threw and doesn't stop. Just thought I would ask and see. Other than that your truck is looking really nice. Oh, how is the weight issue of those bulks. Very noticeable compared to stock?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back