My noob lid...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mekios

After having a really bad experience painting this lid here is my work.
It's pretty well i think for a first lid, but could be even better.
Now my savy looks meaner!

DSC01988.jpg

DSC01989.jpg

DSC02005.jpg

The prurple line was my gf's idea who is going nuts about the purple aluminum on the Savage, and wanted it to be on the lid too!

I see u are also a dodge lid fan lol!
I masked the stripes with masking tape i got from the hardware store (got 2 sizes and it's really cheap). Masking the middle stripe was really difficult cuz tape didn't want to sit straight.
I also got problems with paint cobwebbing out of my airbrush. I thought critters lived on my lid while it was on the lhs's selfs but no... just bad mixing and pressure.

mine looks like a real deep purple but its really red all i did was i took a rattle can of flat black and put a really lite coat over the metalic red and boom it has a little bit of color change affect. in the sun light it goes from red,burgundy,copper,and purple.

i did a body like this took me 2 of taping that tape would not stay straght, and was it looks like krid now holes too far back it tore it your looks wasome

Looks great man!! Try some liquid mask sometime. It's a little more work, but you can do amazing things with it.

My 1st lid was horrible. Nobody told me about backing up colors so others wouldn't bleed through(I was 15), so I start off with a deep blue covering about 3/4 of the body, then I follow that up with Flor. Yellow...I came away with Yellow and pond scum green for my 1st attempt...:duh:

That looks really nice. I would be pleased right now to run that. I do all my own painting now and have came a long way. Painting is frustrating but when you finally get the feel for what your doing and the creativity flows, it's a great feeling to have your work complimented by others. Stick with it!!!!!!

Bryan @ SMC

Looks like it came out real nice.. I have to paint my F-650 body, just gonna make it red.. Like my dad's work fleet

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back