My new Truggy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88gtanotchback

SAVAHOLIC
hey guys wasnt sure where to post this up but i figured id show my new project i got under way.

I started with this
DSCF1882.jpg

DSCF1884.jpg

so far ive been mostly ordering parts and getting it ready to go. i got the motor mocked in tonight. running the same power plant as a flux in this girl.:jamout:
3347130297_large.jpg

seems to fit well, with nice clearance using the rc monster mount.
3347130299_large.jpg

So heres the start to it guys. ill keep you posted along the way if its allowed (non savage, although it does have the right mill....lol)

thanks guys. I'm hoping to get my start at racing next year. i want to try to be competitive as i can with parts since i know the driving will be an epic fail...
here's the juice
3347130308_large.jpg

3347130311_large.jpg

my new investment. I figured I'm getting a couple lipos kicking around, and i don't really want the house burning with my dog inside while I'm at work. cheap insurance. i know a fire proof box is supposed to work from the outside in but I'm hoping i never find out how it works from inside out:thinking:

Nice truggy, even nicer body! One of the boys runs a "glassociated" (as quoted straight from his old man lol) they really are a tough unit for sure, he runs it hard and it takes it. Vid would be sweet.

i hope its tough, I'm used to running savages. ill get some video up when shes all buttoned up. weather permitting. damn Snow eh robin?

Sweet man. Should be killer on the track. Just rember when you are racing you need enough mha to get all the way though the main. It would be worth funding out how long the a mains are at your local track and what type of batts they allow you don't want to show up on race day only to find out you can't race or don't have the juice to finish the race.

nice truggy my friend!! its made me want to pull my truggy off the shelf and get er all fixed up!! thanks for sharing.........

thanks guys, I'm pretty pumped to drive something that handles well. i just got some more goodies in the mail today to install.
3347130314_large.jpg

i think I'm ready to start into it now. tires are in the mail but those aren't needed for awhile :smiliejam:

Hey guys i found some free time tonight so i went out to the garage and buttoned it all up. i did my first solder job and it went well. i forgot heat shrinks so I'm gonna get some tomorrow and put them over the deans like it was from factory. for now electrical tape is working. I geared it 15 pinion 54t spur and it seems good. blew a tire off the rim in testing. bobang

3347130325_large.jpg

3347130328_large.jpg

3347130329_large.jpg

i took the pictures with my camera so sorry about the quality. overall I'm real happy with everything. seems good. i haven't done to much driving yet since it was late and the tires needed to be re glued but i think she should rip nicely.
heres the brushless line up.

from best to worst, lol
FLUX RC8T Losi 8ight 1.0
3347130333_large.jpg

I like the garage. Nice mix of hardware there. I like to see people who are not BRAND minded. I like all types of rc vehicles. Brand shouldn't matter.
:mug:

thats my baby bud. that one takes priority over all other toys!
3347130091_large.jpg

and thanks torminator. I'm just starting to stray from HPI to tell you the truth. i have two savages but brushless has opened my eyes to other great brands.

thanks guys. and mickey i don't know how fast it is quiet yet. tire blew off afte3r the first lil rip on the trigger. time to perfect the gluing. lol. it handles awesome tho!

Latest posts

Members online

Back