My new Micro Toy DT.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larsenracing

Manufacturer
Well guys I just picked up this Team Losi Micro Desert Truck. I have a LiPo ordered, some other tires, Micro deans, Threaded shafts, and a whole bunch more. I will continue to do mods and will keep them posted here. I'm not sure what I weather I will go BL or not but will see after i get the LiPo in it to see the difference, I don't want it to fast cuz my 4yr old will drive it to.

New007.jpg

New006.jpg

New005.jpg

New001.jpg

Sweet man! I loved my micro. You should get the 3 Racing CF chassis for it :jamout: or better yet make one!

I bought my son the micro Baja and I have a blast driving it. I am torn between the DT and the Micro Raminator. I originally wanted the DT but the Raminator is a monster......decisions, decisions lol Guess I might just have to buy both!!

We started upgrading his micro and the threaded axles are a must. Those tiny e clips are the worst thing EVER. We also added the bearings and that alone made a world of difference in performance. A basher bumper was a nice addition aswell.

Don't be surprised if the clear plastic they used for tie rods gives way after a few colissions. The easy fix that actually makes the front suspension alittle stiffer is zip ties. Use a stocker as a template to cut a piece of small zip tie and to mark the holes. is actually feels like it has a suspension now.

Another neat little trick for the suspension is fuel tubing. It makes excellent preload spacers.

The biggest problem he has now is all the hair that gets tangled up on those tiny little axles. I have no clue on a fix for that one lol

Definitly keep us updated on the LiPo vs Brushless. I know the LiPo will be cheaper since Brushless requires a new reciever and a new servo along with the brushless motor and ESC. But my son wants it brushless and you know how kids can be :duh:

Oh, you're gonna love that truck. I have one, and i recently got the LiPo for it...Trust me, its crazy fast just with the LiPo. If you're worried about too fast, I wouldn't bother with brushless.

Besides (and this is just IMO), a brushless setup for these is pretty pricey since you have to change ALL of the electronics to do it. I thought about it myself, but instead I spent $60 and got oil-filled shocks, threaded axles, ball bearings, and an Atomic BB motor (the only brushed motor out there), and I'm totally happy with it. Again, just my opinion...

Ya SD I hope to make one, I'm just unsure at this point where to get the pieces that go between the CF plates.

I also forgot now that Dragon you mention it I also ordered the RPM bumper and the Bearing kit.

I'm sure next time I order I will order the 3 racing alum tie-rods as you are probably correct the stockers will snap. I have read a great link on how to fix the shocks from being so darn bouncy as there is no dampening at all. I think I may get some softer springs as the front ones seem real stiff for what they should be. I'm sure the LiPo Battery will be a nice difference but this think is actually supprisingly fast stock but the LiPo will give some more speed and deffanetly longer run times granted this was the firt charge the bat had in it.

Here is the link to the shock mod for dampening is, I haven't done it but plan to this weekend at somepoint if I find some time.

http://www.one18th.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43823

And a vid to go with it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D1wAYxCyEY

Yep, thats how it starts. I,ve got a $500 DT now. The LiPo makes the biggest difference. The problem is it also burns up stock speed controls. After getting a couple replaced, you end up saying screw it. I'm going brushless. After that, forget driving it in the house. your 4yr old will never be able to drive it. You will have trouble controlling it. Obscene fast lol. If it actually hooks up and dosent flip, its gone. And don't hit a pebble. Youll be airborne. i did the whole deal. All losi alu, brushless shocks, etc. Iended up getting a micro raminator to play with in the house.

The 3 racing tie rods are terrible. I'll send you mine if you want them. Make a set from thin zip ties. Theyre practily indestructable. The HR shocks work really well on the micro. Actually fluid filled and don't leak. You can tune with different weights. Radio shack sells a spring kit for the x mods. The kit comes with a few different tension springs that fit the micros. RCX did a write up on it.

I should explain about th e3r rods a little better. Push the wheel up on your trucklike you were hitting a bump. Notice the lexan rod bends to keep the wheel straight. The 3r rods don't bend. So only two things can happen. The most common is the wheel is pushed out. Having one whell turned out 45 deg does wonders for control esp with the LiPo. If not, the rod pops off the ball stud. This also happens frequently. You need something flexible, but not fragile hence the zip ties. Dirt cheap and super strong. Just use your stock arms as a template for length and drilling the holes.

Hey thanks bud I will do the Zip tie trick instead of the Tie-rods you got some great points there. I hope I don't burn up the stock Speed Controls as i really don't think I need to go BL. I have that on my MLST and its pretty much to fast really unusable, but fun. You sure need to learn throttle control with it.

Ok I just ordered the HR Oil filled shocks to take care of the bouncieness. I tryed my link above and couldnt find any wire that worked right so screw it i bought them.

Love 'em!

ram.tires-4(rocks).jpg

I love my Trinity Now, it's currently in pieces, as I've stripped a rear pinion in the differential. It's a fun little toy, and somehow, it outruns the savage LOL. The mini's are so fun, and LiPo batteries really do make a difference. I tried a 7.2v NiMH on my trinity, and it just didn't have the same power at all. The 11.1 3-cell LiPo just rocked compared to the NiMH. :)

I wish I could put a 11.1V LiPo in this thing it would be crazy. I run a 5400kv BL and a 3 cell in my MLST but can only run a 2 cell in this thing as the speed control and stuff will never handle it. Here is a pict so you can see the size comparison between exteded savy 1/8 scale, Losi Mini-LST2 1/18 scale and Micro Desert Truck which is a 1/36 scale.

New.jpg

Holy crap that's a small rig!!!!!!! How much do those run? I've never even seen a 1/36th scale! My lord it's small! I'm gonna find one, and make it the cat chaser, it could handle the table leg turns better :D LoL That's pretty sweet man.

They are like $89 at retail price.

I really need to find a body of a Rat or mouse to put over it. I want to scare some women around here, LOL

HAHAAHHAAHHAHAH OMG That's GREAT. I'm gonna get one as soon as I can, just to do that! OH my god that'd be great to take to work and run in the lockeroom with a rat on it! HAHAHA That's awesome. I found one, and it looks sweet!

all i can say is its mamba time!!!! lol just saying in case it hasn't been said not a big reader fan because well i think everyone can relate here you read the first post think of something to say then for get by the time you read all the other ones lol sorry litlle off topic and sweet indoor toy btw lol

HAHAAHHAAHHAHAH OMG That's GREAT. I'm gonna get one as soon as I can, just to do that! OH my god that'd be great to take to work and run in the lockeroom with a rat on it! HAHAHA That's awesome. I found one, and it looks sweet!

It's all fun and games until someones smashes it with their foot. lol :)

Yes the LiPo made a nice difference and the Atomic BB motor seems to have more speed and power with the LiPo. I also replaced the pinion gear with the middle sized one that came with it as it came with the smallest one this intern gave it a touch more speed. It is now about to fast for in the house but is allot of fun. My guess is it runs about 27-MPH now. I will get a video of it once it gets nice outside again.

Here are a few Pict's of it with all the changes now. I have added HR oil filled shocks which made a world of difference and have added some Atomic wheels and tires which are very soft and very gripy I also removed some of the stock decals. It will pull wheelies when it gets traction.

Mid-tankPlate006.jpg

Mid-tankPlate007.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back