My New Hot Bodies LSP Truggy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's here!

jammin28jpxextremercmods041.jpg

jammin28jpx.jpg

jammin28jpxextremercmods040.jpg

vid to come soon...

Pretty sweet JC you get it mounted up.... yet

Here it is mounted and ready to rock (minus the air filter, fuel lines, throttle linkage).

jammin28jpxextremercmods002.jpg

jammin28jpxextremercmods003.jpg

jammin28jpxextremercmods004.jpg

Man I still can't get over the skill it took to sign this head between the fins with a dremel free hand!

jammin28jpxextremercmods005.jpg

jammin28jpxextremercmods006.jpg

jammin28jpxextremercmods007.jpg

jammin28jpxextremercmods001.jpg

I'll be breaking it in on Sunday if the weather holds up! It's been raining pretty much all week.

Great looking engine. Gotta love The sig. he does. Godd luck with break in on Sunday. Looks like it should clear up around noon. Hope shes everything you hope for and more.

Keep Jammin!

Byrons gen 2 race 3000 30%
Dynamite Maxlife clutch shoes
Mugen 0.9 clutch springs
Picco Hot turbo plug

4th tank...temp was 207F and flamed out...haven't played with the needles except for 1/8 turn in on the hs.

4th tank about 1/2 leaned out the hs another 1/8 temps at 224F check out all that smoke! Gonna have traction issues!

Last drops of fuel....temp was 238F with another 1/8 turn of the hs needle

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like she will be a peppy little sucker. Should be fun let us know how sh fairs out with some more fuel thru it. I have been spending to much time breaking things in as well (Picco, Mach).

Got new vid! Need a new stonger high drain rx battery mine seems to die really quick with the Futaba bls servos. I was dumb and didn't have my 2 back up batts with me in the pit box...o-well can't think of everything!! I charged it before I left and then recharged in the field, I think I have a bad cell or two.

I take it you prefer this engine over the STS, right! Sounds real nice. Holding a steady tune for ya?

Got new vid! Need a new stonger high drain rx battery mine seems to die really quick with the Futaba bls servos. I was dumb and didn't have my 2 back up batts with me in the pit box...o-well can't think of everything!! I charged it before I left and then recharged in the field, I think I have a bad cell or two.

nice vids cam thats a sweet ride. did you hook your hyperion charger up to your car battery to 'recharge in the field?'

wondering how it worked, haven't used my hyp on the car batt yet :resp:

I hate the redsox and the yanks. put some phillies sticker on that baby! maybe eagle green!

Thanks guys!

Hop...yeah it idles like a dream and has not flamed out since the idle was set. Very impressed and stoked about the mod job. Best purchase yet imo!

F1...yeah I got another body my wife has to paint, I kinda choped up the arrow body too much for the sts pipe (which is huge-fat) to fit. Think I'm gonna get her to paint it safty orange with a twist...darn thing is a bullit need to be able to see it!

Frddyj...yeah I used my hyperion 0606i in the field. The hump pack is somewhat old and I think it has a dead cell or too.
Redneck...well I'm in south central Texas so I haven't seen snow since 1986 (well at least some that didn't melt in 5 hours!) It was a awsome 81F spring day with a cool breeze. And I'll try to keep the tires down and body up! :lmao:

Thanks for the props guys...more to come gonna start to open her up the next time out and after 2 gallons the head is getting reshimed and the race tune begins! I just want her to have a smooth easy break in and be able to see the power grow during it's progression in the breakin process.

Being the one who was driving in the second vid I can tell you first hand that the motor is freaking wicked! I never even hit full throttle and was way impressed! It stunk cause it was turning like a bus due to the pack going out, again, so my turn ended sooner than I'd like it to. I can tell you as soon as I get my POS Jeep Grand Cherokee in the pit area going I"m going to focus on a savy build. I mean it this time! I'm going to sell all the parts I don't need to get one of them motors for my savy. Robin, you'll be hearing from me hopefully sooner than later! Thanks John for letting me drive it considering what I did to your Hellfire!

went out and ran some more today...

Extreme RC Mods Jammin 28 JPX Drag Mod

Running 0.9 clutch springs...engageing really early in the rpm range. Been talking to purenitro and we both agree that steping up to 1.1 springs is the way to go...gonna stand this baby up and catch some air.

I have about 1/2 gallon run through it. 30% Byrons gen II 3000 race. Running the stock turbo glow plug (hot) for break in.

Stock spur gear and 14 tooth clutch bell.

Temps were in the 220-231F range in this vid....still takeing it easy and a little rich. After the first gallon I'll be leaning it out some more but plan on being on the conservative side for now.
I just started doing full throttlle pulls for short durations to clear out the motor, unfortunately I had no cameraman so this is stationary vid with the truck out of view part of the time. I also had a major issue with the front end floating...bouncing at times like it wanted to wheely and the pizza cutter mulchers on maximizer beadlocks weren't helping the situation....shoulda threw some nubz on there for better traction but hey I left those on the bench (next time champ...next time).

Let me know what you guys think!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is some carnage from today...
Note this is a lightning stadium pro hardened diffs...perfectly shimed and freshly built....

jammin28jpxbreakin004.jpg

jammin28jpxbreakin005.jpg

jammin28jpxbreakin008.jpg

It turned the fresh silicone oil intoo metalic paste after the spider gear expolded....

jammin28jpxbreakin011.jpg

jammin28jpxbreakin013.jpg

I'm working on the vids now so they will be up soon.

Well this vids was taken right before the diff imploded.....

running Mugen 1.1 clutch springs, Dynamite Maxlife clutch shoes...almost a full gallon on this baby...everytime I run she wakes up alittle more.

It's fixed, ready for more vids and the bash in Houston this next weekend.

Nick and CO I'll let you guys have some trigger time.

Ok here we go...more vids...

New rear diff shimed and installed.
I just couldn't resist runnning up this hill...

Latest posts

Members online

Back