my first build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carnage79

when i 1st got my savage x i found this site and i've been finding all kinds of ideas from here. this is what i've come up with. what do u think?

Bruce from SMF got me these FLM dogbones. I haven't seen these anywhere else.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have all the stuff i'm going to buy now, until something breaks. i'm moving out of state in about a week, so i won't have any time to get my truck put together until we get moved and settled in. when i get it together i'll post some pics.

No the rpm's won't work with the shock kit. I did the samething and ended up selling my rpm's. You do got some nice up-grades. Joe

holy cow. thats a sweet collection of rc parts
now go build a truck.................

thanks for the comp. It's half custom made parts and the other half is made up of different parts and peices from other r/c cars,trucks, and planes.

somewhat crash. i have to get a new linkage made, i can't get 2 of the shocks to bleed right, i can't see where to mount the roll bar, and i just started sealing the engine last night. when i looked in the top of the motor i noticed a mark across the top edge of the piston. it's a rb modded sts, should that mark be there???

i've never bled shocks before. i filled them up to the brim, put the cap on, pumped them and they would start feeling tight. then i opened up the bleeder to get the air out. i did this several times and 2 of them stayed tight and kept the shaft pushed out. the 3rd and 4th one wouldn't stay pushed out and tight. it would retract quite a bit. like it wasn't sealed tight. none of them are on the truck. am i doing something wrong?

bleed the shocks before putting cap on, you want to work the air out by pushing the sshock in and out filling untill its full with no bubbles. then cap it.
thr rb modded I'm not sure can you snap pic or wait someone here may know the answer on that.
Good luck my freind.

Hi,

On your shocks you want to have the shaft all te way into the shock body (at least when you get near the top. If you fill them with the shaft all the way out you will get rebound when you push on the shock (when it is together and no springs) the thing is if you fill the body with the shagt all the way out then you leave no room for the shaft when it lands or when it needs to be in the body. read SJ's HPI alu shock review he has a step by step.

https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3337

i have it pushed all of the way in. the black ring is close to the top. do i put oil in and wait 4 it to fall to the bottom through the black ring and just keep adding until it's full. or w/ the shaft pushed all of the way in do i add oil from the black ring to the top and pull it down then repeat til its full?

i got it now. crash, i know u have irc shocks, how far up do i fill them?

i finished sealing my engine. when i took the head off the mark i thought i saw on the piston wasn't there. that's good news. sealing the engine ended up being alot easier then i thought it would be. i'm waiting on a mugen pilot nut and a nova engine mount. should be here wed. or thurs. i'm still having trouble bleeding my shocks. i'm going to take them to my lhs and get them to bleed them. the hobbyshop is backed up w/ repairs until the 20th, so it'll be a little while before i get my shocks mounted on the truck. i think i'm going to try and tackle making my own throttle/brake linkage. i should be up and running by the weekend minus the new shocks. that piston in the sts.30 is a beast.

Latest posts

Members online

Back