My Collection in general

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curt

Heres a few pics of my current trucks.

Note, the e-zilla has been traded for a tt-01 indoor racer spec, t-maxx and X1CRT are forsale on ebay.

dsc02036cl3.jpg

dsc02035qh6.jpg

From left to right...

Cen tr4 nitro touring car, piece of ****, but its a project i won't let beat me, i'll get it to run one of these days!
Clodbuster, you can't have a rc collection without a clod, its just not right!
Radioshack truck, got it for a tenner of a mate, brilliant wee crawler, first one i ever had. still use it too.
Hotbdies Ezilla, its for sale, excellent truck, but i need the cash for more projects
Kyosho Half 8, latest purchase, work in progress, its getting hopped up to the max :D
Tamiya TLT aka Project unnamed, still dono what to do with it, but i did finally get the shell painted!
Traxxas t-maxx, the racing bashing truck, gets plenty of abuse, and plenty of hop ups. (new shocks on the way after stealing 4 of them for the crawler :p )

cool set of cars! is the tamiya 1/18 max climber good?+is it worth its price?

cool set of cars! is the tamiya 1/18 max climber good?+is it worth its price?

its a brillant wee RC. Its nothing special stock but most people buy it for its potential as it can more or less be converted to do whatever you want.

Over here the tlt's retail at £185 ($370) and there definatly NOT worth that, but if you get one for £100 ($190) its worth going for. There not quick stock, mine runs about 10mph, but the fun you can have with them is great, i love bashing mine about the garden, with the center diff it corners well, but its a tall truck so it'll still fall over in the middle of a bend without notice.

I'd say if your looking a 18th scale truck go for the tlt, its accepts all 10th scale batteries, motors and speedo's plus you have the choice of adding longer 4 links and making it a 10th scale with a maxx sized body :motorcycle:

but make sure you get the right version of the tlt. Theres a rockbuster and max climber. The max climber is the one you want. Reason is that the rockbuster only accepts a hump pack style battery which you can only get from tamiya and there only 1700mah, where as the max climber has been modified to take a normal 6 cell stick pack and you can pick them up for next to nothing and every rc company has some sort of 6 cell pack forsale. Apart from that, the only differances is the shell (pickup body replaced for a estate or "minivan") and the silver wheels have been replaced with cherry red ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks ill look for some shops near were i live and see how cheaply i can get one.
4x4

My first monster was exactly like that yellow Radio Shack truck.....I loved that truck! It finally gave out after many many water/mud crossings.

Latest posts

Members online

Back