My basher's Drive-train

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy

IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0782.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg

looks nice sj!! should hold up for you!! lol but after seeing the vid you entered in that contest I'm not sure lmao!!:resp:

Looks great SJ. I noticed it looks like you stuck a sticker to your Buku. do you think it will stay?

Thanks agin for the cvd's bud .. We ill see how they hold up to some bashing .. as far as the sticker .... I have 10 more so I will keep replacing them lol

I see the smoke free lifestyle is proving beneficial to your savage. Awesome.

After seeing those cvds installed installed makes me want to get a set. Let us know how they hold up.
If yo cant break them, well thats good enough for me.

So those rubber parts go up against the diff's, will they keep dirt out?

Did they shim ok?

Yea to keeps the bearings a little cleaner I think ...
I allready had the diffs shimmed and I didn't have to shimm anymore so it was easy

3 hard tanks on the cvd's today .. lrp is running good .. only thing that happened was a stripped sg .. the cvd's are nice no friction no slop in the drive-train .. so far so good

Well these arn't going to hold up to SJ bashing.. back to the drawing board
center cvd's are holding up great

IMG_0795.jpg

I don't know if it SJ bashing or LRP power. On the weekend I blew 2 diffs and 2 dog bones with the LRP. That thing has some go.

Well when you jump 20+ feen in the air and land on the rear tire .. Chit is gonna bend .. Just wondering how come a tierod didn't bend .. sucks

If that is the only thing to break after a jump I'm thinking something was stuck in the a arm. That has happened to me before on a couple of occasions. I have ended up with sticks and rocks stuck between the dog bone and A arm and next jump ends with a bent dog bone.

could be .. only 1/2 tank in the bash session

Well that didn't last long:( Can you find a replacement for it? at least the u joint held, thats what i was wondering about,

I don't know if thats what did it but I do get stuff stuck in mine all the time too, maybe you could try the dogbones from the new XL they say they are thicker, but I think they are going to be longer.

I was thinking the same thing (XL dogs). They should be the same length though because its the hub extenders that make it wider,I think?
Dave

with this

alloy bulkhead also alloy diff cup and hardener bevel gear everthing hardener i think is nearly impossible break rite ? my rear i was using GPM bulk head... also bling racing hardener diff set.. geuss it can hold forever to me..
so far so good i haven't break it yet :D

My GPM alloy bulkhead wore out on me.. The front bearing wont seat in the bulk anymore causing the pinion to wobble really bad

Hi

I know this is a old thread but I would still like to know how well the center universal joints held up for him?

Latest posts

Members online

Back