Mugen clutch nut?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b@3

I just got max life shoes and mugen 1.0 springs. I have the stock hpi flywheel and clutch nut. Everything is mounted, the springs seam to be at a slightly extreme angle to be on the nut. I'm a little worried that they will slip of the nut. I've read that you do need the mugen nut and that you can use the stock nut. So I guess I'm just looking for a definative answer that the mugen springs work with the stock clutch nut. Thanks for your help.

Here's a pic.
SAM_2248-1.jpg

Alright thanks, as I tried to get the shoe off to take the pic it did seam to be on there pretty good. Anyone else just to confirm?

look at the difference from the 2:

mugc0704.jpg

hpi86076.jpg

see the degree of pitch from both springs vs nuts. I never ran anything but mugen pilot nuts with mugen springs. It seats better - Correctly - hence Mugen spring Mugen nut. For $8 bucks vs what you have spent I'd do the right way

I just got max life shoes and mugen 1.0 springs. I have the stock hpi flywheel and clutch nut. Everything is mounted, the springs seam to be at a slightly extreme angle to be on the nut. I'm a little worried that they will slip of the nut. I've read that you do need the mugen nut and that you can use the stock nut. So I guess I'm just looking for a definative answer that the mugen springs work with the stock clutch nut. Thanks for your help.

Here's a pic.
SAM_2248-1.jpg

Here's the mugen nut installed, much better. The spring is at a better angle and snapped right into position. Hopefully this thread can others in the future.

SAM_2254.jpg

Here's my new clutch set-up. Items used: dynamite max life shoes, mugen 1.0 springs(with mugen nut), acer bearings and hpi vented 15t clutch bell.

SAM_2257-1.jpg

I also used ofna clutch bell shim kit, which came with this little black cone washer thing to use with a hex screw. I very happy with the way it all came together. Here's the shim kit with the washer thing.

ofnc14101.jpg

1 word -" Perfect". You did it correctly. Make sure you check your mesh before locking everything down. Use a piece of paper. Not sure if you were aware of it or not.

Oh yeah this isn't my first rodeo. I've set gear mesh hundreds of times, thanks for the heads up though.

Latest posts

Members online

Back