MT racing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See that's what I mean.

People with no imagination make and want rules to bring the people with imagination down to their level instead of just rising to the challange and comming up with ways win.

Who wins in the end in a world where we continue to limit progress with rules? NO ONE!

I've felt the same about many professional racing leagues for quite some time. *cough, cough* nascar. Makes things boring when everything is too even. I want to see someeone get dominated one race, only to come back with new mods the next, and win!

See that's what I mean.

People with no imagination make and want rules to bring the people with imagination down to their level instead of just rising to the challange and comming up with ways win.

Who wins in the end in a world where we continue to limit progress with rules? NO ONE!

I think one reason for rules (when speaking about racing) is to make it fair for everyone. Fair on a financial level. Just read your sig man, that explains it all.

As far as the underlined portion, well, did this just turn into a political debate, haha, J/K.

Where have you found a MT class to enter in ? those are the rules yes ... But when forced to run in truggy class toss them out the window ...

I've felt the same about many professional racing leagues for quite some time. *cough, cough* nascar. Makes things boring when everything is too even. I want to see someeone get dominated one race, only to come back with new mods the next, and win!

Atleast you know who ever won was actually the better driver, not just the richer team.

Now I don't want to offend anyone when I say the next part... but here it goes. The reason NASCAR is boring is because the cars are all the same correct, and the drivers are virtually all the same, combine that with a flat smooth track turing only one direction and it becomes boring.

Now you take Motocross for example, the dirt bikes are all virtually the same (same as nascar) and the driver skill is virtually all the same (again same as nascar), but you put them on a track that is rough, dirt, loose, changes through the same race, has jumps, and rythm sections where there is multiple options on how to ride it out, etc and it is no longer boring :)

All the tracks here hava a MT class still but there are no rules per say. Club stuff. As long as my truck can run at the WF's its all golden.

Not a political debate at all. That is fact that can't be debated. LMAO

No really I think we both are saying the same thing that MT should be fun. There is truggy and buggy for the serious guys and if you really want racing where it is all about the driver go to the stock short course class. 200 bucks and you can find out who is really the best driver. The MT class is a class for the Frankinstine's of the RC world. Run what you brung and have fun. Unfortunatly alot of racers have forgoten that at the end of the day we are playing with toy's and just trying to have a good time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where have you found a MT class to enter in ? those are the rules yes ... But when forced to run in truggy class toss them out the window ...

If I owned a track and there was not enough guys to reasonably have a MT class that day, and I was going to combine classes to allow them to race I'm not sure where I'd stick them.

Alot of places have a "run what ya brung" class, that would be the first option I think.

If I was gonna stick them with the truggies, then first off I think I would have to take a vote from the truggy entries to see whether or not they approved, and then I guess I would stick the MT drivers in at the appropriate skill level, I wouldn't just stick them with the novice truggies. And then since they are in with the truggies anyway, I think I wouldn't care so much about the specs of their truck as long as it met at least a combination of the truggy and MT rules (i.e. swap to truggy wheels/tires, etc).

All the tracks here hava a MT class still but there are no rules per say. Club stuff. As long as my truck can run at the WF's its all golden.

Not a political debate at all. That is fact that can't be debated. LMAO

No really I think we both are saying the same thing that MT should be fun. There is truggy and buggy for the serious guys and if you really want racing where it is all about the driver go to the stock short course class. 200 bucks and you can find out who is really the best driver. The MT class is a class for the Frankinstine's of the RC world. Run what you brung and have fun. Unfortunatly alot of racers have forgoten that at the end of the

day we are playing with toy's and just trying to have a good time.

Holy crap we are saying the same thing! :lmao4:

Glad to hear your local track lets the MT guys have a little fun and isn't so strick.

Stock SC is a cheap and fun way to see who the better driver is, ytour definitely right about that. There is an indoor track right near me. Their biggest turnout was SC every week all winter. Looked fun. Wouldn't let me run my vendetta though. they said they don't combine classes, and "besides, I'd just get ran over anyway". I was asking to be stuck in with the expert 2wd 1/10 buggy class. I think I stood a decent chance, oh well.

If I owned a track and there was not enough guys to reasonably have a MT class that day, and I was going to combine classes to allow them to race I'm not sure where I'd stick them.

Alot of places have a "run what ya brung" class, that would be the first option I think.

If I was gonna stick them with the truggies, then first off I think I would have to take a vote from the truggy entries to see whether or not they approved, and then I guess I would stick the MT drivers in at the appropriate skill level, I wouldn't just stick them with the novice truggies. And then since they are in with the truggies anyway, I think I wouldn't care so much about the specs of their truck as long as it met at least a combination of the truggy and MT rules (i.e. swap to truggy wheels/tires, etc).

You are like the strict nun in catholic school. Lighten up man they are toys and we are not racing for a ton of money what do most tracks give away? Nothing for weekly races maybe a cheep trophy and a small store credit at the end of the year that doesn't even cover the cost of entry fee's all year.

CTD I was never trying to argue with you at all.

Plus at the end of the day none of it matters anyway the MT class is all but dead and will most likely never come back. We are the last of a dying group.

CTD I was never trying to argue with you at all.

Plus at the end of the day none of it matters anyway the MT class is all but dead and will most likely never come back. We are the last of a dying group.

Noooooooooooooooo!!!! hahaha

Were I came from weekly payout for first in each class on average was $100 or more... and that made the thing way to serious, I never liked it. Just toys, just for fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow a $100 bucks, I pay $15 for a normal race, and $30-$35 for a trophy race and I am happy if I bring home a plaque, no money, no store credit. Maybe a T-Shirt once in a while. Still $100 is no reason to get as fired up as the truggy guys do, yelling at the marshals waiving their hands and screaming obscenities, it's a family thing not a blood war! And where are the truggy guys when it comes to marshaling? You're lucky if half of them go back out on the track, premadonas !!!!!
Sorry about the rant, I'm going to stop here.

Still $100 is no reason to get as fired up as the truggy guys do, yelling at the marshals waiving their hands and screaming obscenities, it's a family thing not a blood war! And where are the truggy guys when it comes to marshaling? You're lucky if half of them go back out on the track, premadonas !!!!!

lol, thats pretty sad, you must chuckle at them.

I'm just saying, this:

P1020400.jpg

is not a savage anymore.

The only thing this truck proves is that a savage can out run a revo on the track, but it will never be as competitive as a truggy. Truggy/buggy class are so much easier to control, as far as specs go, just makes sense for racing.

I'm not saying there is no place for the truck above (and it is a sweet truck Sam), I'm just saying what happened to MT racing? Is this what it has come to, where is the fun in "racing" against that? I mean crap, it doesn't even have MT tires.

.... so how you like my HPI Basher Savage? :devil-smiley-007: :devil-smiley-007:

DSC_0076.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

think it will take a old skool savage-style beating?

:punkrock:

The way I see it we love our savages and ignore the fact that they aren't for racing. As a result we get super fast, light, savages that eventually start to look like something completely different. Is it expensive and redundant? Yes. Do I still do it? Yes. I just love the build of a savage so much that I'm willing to drop extra money to make it even better. My two cents.

Wow a $100 bucks, I pay $15 for a normal race, and $30-$35 for a trophy race and I am happy if I bring home a plaque, no money, no store credit. Maybe a T-Shirt once in a while. Still $100 is no reason to get as fired up as the truggy guys do, yelling at the marshals waiving their hands and screaming obscenities, it's a family thing not a blood war! And where are the truggy guys when it comes to marshaling? You're lucky if half of them go back out on the track, premadonas !!!!!
Sorry about the rant, I'm going to stop here.

Yeah I have seen fist fights before, it is redculous, little kids standing around watching there dads act like retards... sad

.... so how you like my HPI Basher Savage?

That is a sweet truck! is that HB shocks? I think you can use the FLM shock towers with the 1/8 b(tr)uggy shocks, they must be about the same shape as your CF towers?

thx man I'm diggin it. not sure about the flm towers, id think theyd work caz of the shock hole locations.

yeah, there off a HB D8, love the look so we'll see how they hold up caz imma beat this truck like a rented mule.

What carriers are you using in the rear?

The D8 (and other big bore buggy shocks) are the same diameter body as the Flux big bore's right?

this is why i did it...

for one truggy racing SUCKS!!! The people that do it are huge *&%()&#()&$%() and take it to seriously... that takes the fun out of it, thus why i built a savage racer... you can race with the fun group (MT) and have a great performer..
ive been on the track with truggys and it just sucks, i get more aggravated then anything and its just not fun... you just tap one of them and they come out swinging...you get in a mt class and its a blast!! people laughing and having a good time...

if it was closer hell yea, but its just way to far for me :(

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back