More Problems!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats what I thought

Jammer, I beleave HPI is still mfg. these 21 as a less expensive unit.
marketing to certain area's.

i don't know what to say!!!!! what an amazing offer chap!! really appreciate that. If its ok I will get on to the model shop I bought it from first and see what they say about it. This really should come under the warranty as far as I can tell.

If they get all arsey on me I would love to take you up on your offer. In that case I think it would be worth chatting to HPI as well as someone else has suggested.

It would also make a lot of sense to try and work out what has been happening in order to make this happen.

What are the possibilities for causing this??

thanks again chap, so good of you to offer!!
No problem bro, I`d be happy to help a fellow HPI nut even if he is "across the pond".

Hey Jammer. I was looking at the pic of the carb and I know it sounds crazy but here is a theory. All of the crab bodys are formed by a injection molding process where melted plastic is squeezed into a mold. What if there was an air bubble caught in the plastic, when the engine got hot the air would try to expand rapidly causing a sort on miniature pop. That could cause the plastic to break and cause the little fragments that I see around the base of the carb. The only thing is the o ring at the base looks like it melted, how would that happen?????

Hey Jammer. I was looking at the pic of the carb and I know it sounds crazy but here is a theory. All of the crab bodys are formed by a injection molding process where melted plastic is squeezed into a mold. What if there was an air bubble caught in the plastic, when the engine got hot the air would try to expand rapidly causing a sort on miniature pop. That could cause the plastic to break and cause the little fragments that I see around the base of the carb. The only thing is the o ring at the base looks like it melted, how would that happen?????
I was wondering what caused this aswell. Looks like it melted to me but why would it be in just that one spot?

Latest posts

Members online

Back