Modding a savage x roll cage to fit a flm extended chasis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koiboy

Hi,
Just bin looking at the for sale thread and some one has modded a savage x standard rollcage to fit an extended chasis. Is there a thread on how to do this? As I have a savage x rolll cage coming so would like to do this mod?

Thanks
Elliot

There was a thread on how to do this,but just looked and the pics have been deleted..

You can take a suv body post and flip it upside down. Zip tie the side that usually the body sits on to the tvp's and then used body clips to hold the cage up.

Or

Take some old upper a-arms and cut them down. Drill some holes in them and slide your body post through the holes you drilled. Then bolt your cage through the 2 open end of the a-arm.

Or

Make a plate to come off the body posts to bolt the cage to.

Sorry bud, no pics. Like Scott said those pics were deleted. I hope I explained it good enough

Cool thanks will use the high body post idea. Just gota wait for ma cage to come now :)

Thanks
Elliot

Here is a pic of what the cut arms look like. I think this was designed by Jon, he made the one in the picture of my truck.

What kind of material do you use to fab the roll cage? I'm sitting in home depot parking lot right now trying to figure out how to make roll cage for my Savage X. I got some hard copper but I'm not sure if that's going to work. I was just going to cut it down to size and bend it and then braised it but I've never built a roll cage before so I'm not sure how it work do you guys have any suggestions on the material

Latest posts

Members online

Back