MikeK1981's 5T

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ya i flipped my clutch shoes and i don't have a bog. i am leaning toward the gearing being a bit to high to have pull at low rev hence the bog. try going back to the 19 tooth and see what it does

I switched to the HD gears, so I'd have to order a new one. It doesn't quite have the punch off the line that it did before, but it pulls really hard from the mid range up!

what type of carb are you running? I know the 883's take away the low end bog. I am running one right now and seem to like it.

Just submitted me an order from DDM!

Item Brief Description Qty Rate Amount
tt195 DDM Stainless Steel Beadlock Bolts (Set of 84) for HPI Baja 5B/5T 1 $6.00 $6.00
nc140 HD Silverback Lipped OUTER Bead Lock Rings - Black 1 $13.00 $13.00
nc130 Silverback Beadlock Rings INNER Black 1 $13.00 $13.00
hh991S Hostile MXT FRONT Knobby Tire Set for HPI Baja 5T - Soft Compound 1 $39.99 $39.99
hh990 Hostile MXT Knobby REAR Tire Set for HPI Baja 5T 1 $45.00 $45.00
86957 PRO SILICONE SHOCK OIL 40wt (60cc) 1 $4.25 $4.25
86955 PRO SILICONE SHOCK OIL 30wt (60cc) 1 $4.25 $4.25
tt880 Team FastEddy Roll Cage Clip Tethers for HPI Baja 5b/5T/5SC & Losi 5ive 1 $14.00 $14.00
tr660 Team Chase High Strength Plastic Roll Cage for HPI Baja 5T/5SC - Black 1 $190.00 $190.00
pm853 Pitbull-RC "Tight Bite" Inner Wells for Team Chase Rollcage 1 $99.00 $99.00
tr697R Innovative-RC Big Bore Shocks for HPI Baja 5b/5T/5SC - Rear/Black 1 $149.00 $149.00
tr697F Innovative-RC Big Bore Shocks for HPI Baja 5b/5T/5SC - Front/Black 1 $139.00 $139.00

I'll post pics when I get the stuff on.

So I just got a call from DDM saying they were actually out of stock on the Pitbull fenders even though the site didn't say they were. Everything else is still coming though. I'm just gonna have to fab something up myself to keep the mud out once I get the MXT's on. I guess the guy who makes them is having some pretty bad health issues. Hope he gets better soon!

Oh and I got that bottom end lag pretty much tuned out of it. It still does it to a very minor extent but I've figured out that it's due to the new gearing, and the harder engagement of the clutch shoe. On wet grass and other areas of low traction the thing almost instantly redlines even with small blips of the throttle so I know its not the tune. It's only on areas with lots of traction where you still notice it a little, but I've got the LSN tuned to minimize it quite a bit.

So I added some new items to my truck. Team Chase roll cage with TFE clip tethers, Innovative RC Big Bore shocks in black, 30wt silicone shock oil in front and 40 wt in the rear, full set of Hostile MXT's on 5T wheels with Silverback lipped outers, and inner beadlocks, and rebuilt a new pull start with the Killer RC SSSS and a DDM metal pawl (hopefully this on lasts me until TR comes out the their V2 pull start). I'm gonna make some nods to get the body down at least another half inch, and I'm gonna make some colored panels for the TC cage. I also ordered the Pitbull RC inner fenders for the cage but they aren't available right now, hopefully Rene (Pitbull RC) will be back in good health and these will be available again in the future! I did have to cut down the upper Innovative RC shock mount adapters to make them fit inside the TR shock mounts but it wasn't too bad. Just used a cutoff wheel and a sanding drum in my dremel.

2-4-12003.jpg

2-4-12001.jpg

2-4-12004.jpg

2-4-12005.jpg

2-4-12006.jpg

2-4-12007.jpg

2-4-12008.jpg

2-4-12009.jpg

2-4-12010.jpg

2-4-12016.jpg

2-4-12017.jpg

2-4-12011.jpg

2-4-12012.jpg

2-4-12014.jpg

2-4-12015.jpg

2-4-12013.jpg

They are awesome dude! Made such a big difference in the truck bottoming out, I haven't had a chance to run it yet. 5 minutes ago teh dang pull start I just rebuilt snapped on the first pull! The white spool spilt right in two! the only plastic that was left inside of it. So of course it had to break on me right?

it is murphys law . what can go wrong will go wrong. i havnt heard good things about the metal pawls either tho. they can ruin a fly wheel. me ill stick to stock as i have gotten it down to under 5 mins to rebuild them

One nice truck Mike. Those shafts on those IRC shock are huge. When I 1st that cage I thought thats the cage to have. Nice going.

looks awesome mike, it keeps getting better and better, Whats next?

I think the shock shafts are 8mm if I remember right lol. Next is the Turtle Racing V2 pull start, as soon as they are available! I'm sick of pull start problems, going all the way back to the savage. Now I am having them with the new 28.5 for some reason. It doesn't even have a ton of compression by some standards. After that I will be thinking about full mod motor, and gearing options. But that won't be for a while, I am pretty darn happy with this CY 2 bolt with the 28.5cc head kit and zenoah crank. I would like something with a 4 bolt head but when I do I'm gonna go all out with it. Sorta thinking about a 29.5 FM LR, or a 30.5 FM LR. I like RPM's but I do run at the dunes quite a bit. Can't really decide yet.

I don't know man. Just started learning about those lol. I've done quite a bit of reading but still have more research to do of course. There are so many options with even more coming out, I don't know which way to go! The twins, FM LR's, big shaft's, the 50's, 70's and the up and coming 40's! Just seems endless! This 28.5 is brand new, only a half gallon through it, so I've got some time to decide.

don't forget bzm, lol. Ya i hear ya, I'm torn, but in a good situation to. I have a good runnning 4 bolt motor for now. those big motors come with a big price tag....

Yeah I know, mine is running good too. I just don't know about going with the really big motors or the twins. Much spendier, plus parts are not as common. I'll probably go with an OBR FM LR or something along those lines. Powerful, but still really reliable and such, plus won't obliterate drivetrain parts and/or wheels and tires lol.

Yeah for the most part. I run the TR eclosed clutch, TGN Redneck dual stage filter with DDM outerwears, Outerwears P.S. cover. I don't really do anything with my carbs. I've been through two 668's and never had any issues with them, or the stock linkage, in the sand.

Redid my panels with 1/8" lexan painted orange with black backing and added a TNT window/windshield kit. Added HD rear springs, Phatdad engine Brace kit and a few small odds and ends that you can't see like the TFE ball link/cone combo.

4-14-12028.jpg

4-14-12027.jpg

4-14-12026.jpg

4-14-12025.jpg

4-14-12023.jpg

4-14-12022.jpg

4-14-12021.jpg

4-14-12020.jpg

4-14-12019.jpg

4-14-12018.jpg

The lexan makes it easier to wash than the meterial I used before and the color is closer to all the anodized stuff inside the truck. Added a Turtle V2 pull start also. My truck is filthy cause of the rain but you get the point lol.

Latest posts

Members online

Back