Mid tank question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey fx, You should start a thread that has this mod featured, bro.

I still have to do this mod to my dads truck so I'll take pictures and make it a little more in depth with a "before" and "after".

Awesome!!!! after saturdays race i will definitly do this. If I had an extra day or two I would do it before the race, then have some time getting used to the modded steering. So during my clean up on sunday, i will do the steering mod. Thanks for showing it off!!!

Not a problem I'm always glad to help. I hope you can take on the guy with the revo.

Not a problem I'm always glad to help. I hope you can take on the guy with the revo.

REVO's :Xjeep: When i first started racing there where like all sorts of different trucks and several Savages. Now everyone is trading there Savages in for the REVO's, because they handle better and are faster. Well that is what i want to disprove. My OS 30vgp smokes them, (yet i might be in the market for a new engine so any suggestions), now i want to prove that the savage will handle just as good as they do.

STS .30 (if properly broken in) will smoke them.

My OS 30 was second hand and incredible fast. what do you mean "if properly broken in". Something diffent from what would be included in the instructions? I have seen guys hook a drill to the engine and pour marvel mystery oil tru it. Have seen the old heat gun. And the old fill her up with fuel and put the front end up against the house. I am looking for a fast engine, easy to tune and dependable. Or at least 2 out of the 3.

if u want a fast reliable and easy to tune engine the xtm 457 is awsome and cheap to! its only like $160.00

and it claims to have 3.8 horsepower!! all i know is my savagexwont keep the front wheels down!!

I say go with the STS motor. They just released a limited amount of a new D28M which from what I read about it is supposed to be bad a$$. I currently run the D28M. And it's a good motor. Or, you could always get the RB modded D30M which would be even better.

Oh yeah, I forgot to answer your question too. The TVP's I made myself. And I can get some close-ups if you want just give me a couple days. I'll post them in my project thread once I get them.:10:

WOW!!!! I have been digging thru the Forum, and "Jt" has some awesome mods. Can not wait to start the tear down and the rebuild. Have the New Cen 220cc tank, waiting for the New shock towers and the wheel extenders. If they work very well i might raise the chassis to 1in to an 1 1/2in, right now it is about 1/4 to 1/2 in off the pavement, sosometimes i get stuck on some of the inner walls. Which then i would pop alot more wheelies being higher up. Have been trying to figure a way to make a hidden wheelie bar. Reason is my track does not allow wheelie bars that are extended from the vehicle, do to they cause breakages with other vehicles. So any ideas? mine would be to attach it to the new shock tower, just low enough to keep it under the body, then notch the back of the body just enough for the wheels to protrude. What do you think?

Ok Jt got my Cen 220cc tank in... holy cow that is a big tank! how did you mount the tank? Thanks in advance!!!!

For the front mount, I used an engine brace to supports the steering posts and the tank. The rear is supported by a cut down modified old style savage upper a arm.

For the front mount, I used an engine brace to supports the steering posts and the tank. The rear is supported by a cut down modified old style savage upper a arm.

Fantastic!!! Thanks!!! I have been looking at several of your post and mods and all i can say is WOW!!!

Does anyone know if the silver handle roll bar on the savage ss / 25 will fit a Savage X?

Does anyone know if the silver handle roll bar on the savage ss / 25 will fit a Savage X?

It will not fit the X chassis I have tried. Stick with the X roll bar, it is tougher. The metal one bends all to hell.

Great tip dude.Thanks for the photos I cant wait to start shaving.I am just a basher but we need tighter turns to.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back