mickeys 5b

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mickey

just me
well here it is is all its glory sitting on carpet.

bajanew001.jpg

bajanew002.jpg

bajanew003.jpg

bajanew004.jpg

bajanew005.jpg

one tank through it and there have been a couple of issues. throttle servo hangs at half throttle, the rear tire foams have completely disintegrated so i installed proline blue moulded foams, the brass threaded piece in the rear shock towers pulled out and that was repaired by pushing them back in with some ca glue and installing the shock brace. its going to a track aug 14th to get beat on some more. ill update the failures as they happen.

EDIT: should be noted that the seller heat hobbies that i got it from refunded me 25 bucks for the foam and servo issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
looking good mickey! If i don't do a team chase cage, I'm doing a buggy transformation! they look sick!

i wish i hgad vid of what it did to me today. it got tuned by a baja pro thats had them for years and was running awesome , then all of a sudden it starts getting boggy and dies. tried to restart it and a bunch of baja guys looked at it and the conclusion is the same. motor is toast . I'm gonna pull it tomorrow and have a look inside. then i blew the steering servo horn on the d8t shortly after that so i was marshalling the rest of the afternoon

that totally sucks. i wonder if its the head gasket. they say that its a very common occurrence with the 2-bolters.

if it comes down to it, you can have the used 23cc that came off my son's used baja. just swap over your pull starter. its used, but fires right up. just pay shipping.

not a bad deal Mickey what Fred is offering. Pay shipping buy new horn for very little back on the road. When you buy a new engine make sure it is a 4 bolt.

nice, i blew a head gasket on my two bolt,so i ordered one from DDM to see if that fixes it. How was the racing up until that point mickey?

i never made it into the race but the baja race had to have a restart lol. all the bajas ended up upside down or hanging from the 2 foot wall in corner 2. it got quite the laugh from everybody racing and watching. the corner marshal that was over in that section of track was laughing so hard she couldnt even get the trucks apart.

awesome looks like you had a great time with your baja before it broke. I'm gonna try and hit the local track for sure. Always saying i am gonna hit it, but in never end up hitting it for sure though lol

well it looks like i had a bad engine from the word go. check the way the plating came off.

mickeysstuff007.jpg

mickeysstuff005.jpg

mickeysstuff004.jpg

mickeysstuff003.jpg

time to email heat hobby and see if he will do anything

Radio control vehicles: No warranties of any kind, other than being warranted against DOA arrivals, in which case the DOA policy above will apply. Since there is no way to know if pilot-error is the cause, crash damage will always be the responsibility of the Purchaser. Always operate vehicles in safe, unoccupied, wide-open areas with all engine fail-safes in place (fail-safes are not included in vehicle sales and must be purchased and installed separately).

Dead on Arrival
In the rare event that your items arrives in non-working order (DOA), return the item to us, and upon receipt and inspection of the item, we will replace the item, or issue a full refund at our discretion. In order for an item to be considered DOA, Purchaser must inspect and test the item and notify us of any DOA claim within 72 hours of the item’s initial delivery. We will issue a Return Authorization (RMA) number and provide instructions for the item’s return. The item must be returned in its original packaging, and include all manuals, accessories and any promotional items. Purchaser will be responsible for the shipping cost to return the item to us. We reserve the right to inspect and test all DOA merchandise. If the returned merchandise tests functional, then Purchaser’s will be responsible for return shipping costs, otherwise we will pay for return shipping of the replacement. (International Purchasers will be responsible for all shipping charges, back and forth) Cosmetic blemishes, or missing/broken parts on any item do not qualify for free DOA return shipping, as replacement parts for almost all items are available.

well another update the 26cc found a new home after i rescued it from madmikes shelf in his garage. the darksoul extenders i got from 88 are almost installed. the rears were easy the fronts not so much. i have to remove some material from the lower control arm to clear the screw and washer from the extender. i also have to shim the washer a bit so it doesnt side load the bearing ( i guess i found another spot the clone is not identical to hpi. all i have at home is sand paper to do this and after almost 40 mins of sanding on the first side i figured to heck with this, these will wait till tomorrow when i have air tools at work lol.

mickeynew004.jpg

mickeynew005.jpg

on a side note every thing just seems to line up better with the cy engine in it

looks great mickey. I bet those axle extenders will really make a difference for you. Cant wait to see a video bro

i never used the screw and washer on the fronts, just the e-clip and it holds fine.

the screw binds the carrier on the hpi version also so i didnt use it.

those e-clips are a pain tho, and not near as reliable as the screw. once its on its there till you want it out, it wont pop off during a race or bash session.

g

Hey Mickey mine did the same thing but the motor wasn't toast,
It was the gasket between the block and carb I replaced mine now runs like a CHAMP

here is what i got from heat hobbies :
Thank you we have received the photos you sent us but this is way beyond are knowledge as reseller as we have absolutely no idea how the manufacturer build the cylinders on this baja.

those e-clips are a pain tho, and not near as reliable as the screw. once its on its there till you want it out, it wont pop off during a race or bash session.

good point. i saved the screws and if this becomes an issue then i'll go the "shave & screw" method (lol, anyone?).

@ mickey- you notice a lot of difference with the additional 3cc in the baja?

Latest posts

Members online

Back