Mega's Crawler Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

JohnH

It's almost done. All I have to do now is tear it down and paint all the fab stuff and the body.
IM000175.jpg

IM000177.jpg

IM000176.jpg

The body is a walmart truck the rest is a tamiya highlift truck. had to pull the leaf springs added extra shocks for the time. did a full 4 link and added a winch for it from an old servo. brushless and will be going LiPo soon. got 3 speed manual tranny and those led lights on the roof light up an area about 50 feet ahead.
IM000180.jpg

IM000181.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
that thing is bad a@@ i want one

Ok mega that's the coolest Rig. Did you just buy the parts and build it. What a Monster! I am Impressed. What is the gearing like?

some of the parts are scratch built like the 4 links. some are from the lhs.
the gearing in 1st is low for crawling the 3rd gear is ok but it is a heavy truck and i would say as fast as a stock mini-t not lst.

night time and night vision shots of the crawler.
DSC00192.jpg

DSC00188.jpg

DSC00186.jpg

That looks awesome!!!!! Love the lights!!!!!

You can get the LEDs from radio shack the ones I'm running I got from a friend that makes them. All that is left is to paint the body. Thanks to Parkermarsh and the T-Maxx shocks the suspension is painted and done.
DSC00537.jpg

DSC00538.jpg

Your new camera takes really nice pictures. The crawler is pretty sweet too. I like a the blue body alot.

Latest posts

Members online

Back