Making a Roll Cage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a good job bud i like it ,and it seams simple and not to highteck just something for all us broke savveys to work on thanks agian bud !

wicked i love this idea i think i will try and make something like it also if u want 2 bend something and u don't want it to fold ova u fill it with sand heat it then bend and it will b fine

awsome job!!! real innovative idea and the fact you posted pics of evry step makes it that much better!! heres some reps for the effort bud!!:10:

wicked i love this idea i think i will try and make something like it also if u want 2 bend something and u don't want it to fold ova u fill it with sand heat it then bend and it will b fine

Great tip rex. awesome thread. Love to see it with derlin though.

I think I may have to give this a try. This may be the protection for my engine I need. And Rex, your dead on about bending aluminium like that.

hmmmm...this thread is about making the roll cage out of delrin rod...so the "sand filling idea" (while it works well with metal tubing) really doesn't help with the delrin...

actually, to prevent the same defects in the delrin/acetal rod, you could try finding some coiled spring with an I.D. the same diameter as the O.D. of the delrin...slip it over the area being heated and bent (as long as you don't melt the delrin)...the spring should help to maintain the roundness...same sort of idea, except dealing with the O.D. instead of the I.D.

hmmmm...this thread is about making the roll cage out of delrin rod...so the "sand filling idea" (while it works well with metal tubing) really doesn't help with the delrin...

actually, to prevent the same defects in the delrin/acetal rod, you could try finding some coiled spring with an I.D. the same diameter as the O.D. of the delrin...slip it over the area being heated and bent (as long as you don't melt the delrin)...the spring should help to maintain the roundness...same sort of idea, except dealing with the O.D. instead of the I.D.

yea ur right but for ease and price this is a good way of doing it and if u want 2 get into it you could even get a tube bender

I was searching through some old threads and found this. Got to give it a bump.

Could someone repost these pictures or a guide again!

Pics where from Photobucket. If this member had a free account with them and DID NOT use it for 90 days ppics get automatically deleted. Here is a perfect case of why I stress so hard for member to please use the site gallery. Site will protect your pics and they will stay where they should. It is no more trouble to use. Not many forum that will hold your pics for FREE. I will all you have to do is try.

Custom Roll Cage?

Is it Ok to post another "How To" on my custom roll cage build? What I was planning is show you guys how I built mine and then build one of those fold-able ramps someone posted up here (by xtremesavvy) and start bashing the heck out of it and see where the weak links are...do some R&D this way.

Is it Ok to post another "How To" on my custom roll cage build? What I was planning is show you guys how I built mine and then build one of those fold-able ramps someone posted up here (by xtremesavvy) and start bashing the heck out of it and see where the weak links are...do some R&D this way.

Did you manage to create the how to for building a cage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Back