Macs pipes (NEW DESIGN)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Purenitro

Owner of Extreme RC Mods
I have been talking with the owner of Macs pipes to see if we could design a pipe that is rtr for the savage, we can make them more quiet, louder, have the stinger come off the side as apposed to the end (like a regular pipe) whatever it takes for it to be user friendly. What I would like to know is, are you interested? imo the macs pipe is the best for overall power output, torque, rpm, etc but before I take the time to design a new pipe for all of you... are you interested and would you buy one? Thanks for takeing the time to view this and I am open to all suggestions, this pipe is for you, tell me what "you" guys want and I can make it happen.

Robin.

i would be interested in one depending on price.. what would be the rough price of it.. i do love the sound of it!! sounds like a dirt bike almost!! i just wanted to add i agree with everyone, i would love to see the stinger in the normal spot not at the end of the pipe,loudness wouldnt be an issue for me i don't think.....

Last edited by a moderator:
After seeing one in person I'd be very interested. I like the sound, I'd like to see the stinger come off the side and loudness is not an issue for me.

Would 1 pipe take care of all engine sizes (.21-.28)?

i would buy one. I'm more concerned about performance over the look & making it quieter.... i am also a big fan of connecting the pipe to header with springs vs. rubber coupler...

o would like that idea depending on price and a one pice header design so you can change the head from a long to medium to short for diffrent power ranges also maybe har ano for a cool look ???

Here is my .02

I run these pipes on a rb mod sts d30m, a stock sts d30m, and a K5.9.

I would like to see the pipes maybe hard coated black, come with a set of couplers of different length (to tune with the different sizes...ie low/mid/top end--easy to switch out) and a rolled edge to the pipe to help the grip with the coupler setup, or a full-on one piece design with 3 headers in a kit (now this would be a pricey option but worth it imo!) NOTE---the one coupler setup is still "tuneable"---you slide the pipe closer or farther away from the header for the desired performance.

Now with the stinger I like useing the silicon deflctor...now I would like to see it as a "built in" design as long as there are no clearence issues ( the silicon deflector bends, which is nice for those hardcore bashers that get a little wreckless and won't ruin the pipe with a hardcore crash.)
I love the straight pass through design (and the exhaust noise/tone) and would like it to stay the same, best imo! I find the smoke blowing over the top/side of the truck easier to tune with (very quick to see if your lean or rich) as it does not "mix" with the rooster tails/dust that the truck kicks up while running. (I'm in dusty Texas so this helps!) As a side note maybe a little less noise for the guys that run in the city (but not a must have....original is best imo!)....keep your neighbors happy...lol!

I would also like to see a Macspro 90 degree block style pressure fitting to be used also like I have used in my pipe build (I will link it at the end of this post). I have found it to be a clean look and very strong and a great way to manage/angle your line away from possible areas that can damage the pressure line.

Now for mounting...I have built 2 of these pipes with Robins advice, and I used the macspro mounting kit for planes. If you run a mid tank like me it is very easy to use. Now I would like to move the mount more to the rear of the pipe closer to the coupler as that is where I have seen the most flex in the pipe since it is so long. Maybe make it a 2 mount system...stronger...one mount close to the coupler (which you could use a prexisting hole in the stock/aftermarket tvps and the Macspro plane mount and a zip tie) and one at the stinger side with a welded on bracket utilizeing the stock hanger system allready installed on the truck from the hpi factory.

So a full on kit with mounts, header, coupler, and pipe....I would pay $80-95 depending on finish. You can use the stock savage header for a price saveings...maybe $55-65 with no header depening on finish.

A full kit with 3 different size couplers (as mentioned above), zip ties, header, pipe, and mounts....I would pay $85-100 depending on finish.

A full "tuneable kit" with 3 headers with silicone gasket and springs, one piece design, mounts, and pipe....I would pay up to $130-145 depending on finish.

Ohh yeah and don't forget the Macspro/Extreme Rc Mod stickers in the packages...gotta show off where we got them from!

The link to my pipe build..... https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8629

Great write up jcam, the prices will reflect what all goes into the pipe, I want them to be tough, easy to mount, have the tuneable option and look good! I have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to do but please keep the input comeing guys.

Great write up jcam, the prices will reflect what all goes into the pipe, I want them to be tough, easy to mount, have the tuneable option and look good! I have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to do but please keep the input comeing guys.

yea, +1.. i love the ano pipes & have 2 of them, but the black finish on the buku pipe & header that mega did for hop really got my attention.
:Radioactive::Radioactive::Radioactive:​

I like the idea of having multiple headers for different tuning options, but also can they (headers) be made long enough that they have clearance on extra thick TVPs? The one-piece designs tend to end up with the pipe too close to the chassis, and no flexibility to move it away enough (like the THS I have at the mo).

That's a good idea and request, now is the time to deal with any issues people are haveing with their current set ups. I will look into tweaking the header to help give it more clearance for sure. Thanks.

I also like the look of the black finish, I will look into that for sure, it may drive the cost up a little but the trick will be to make it tough and long lasting. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Id be interested especially if it has the gains you have talked about. I would rather the stinger be off the side or straight down (My choice) and if possible to be a little quieter only if it doesn't inhibit performance.

The black finnish would be sweet looking but is not necessary, May be a great option. I would go black if it's no to much more.

how long does it take to put something like this together in terms of planning, designing, manufacturing & all that?

Just depends on how different it is and what they do for manufacturing, if they need new tooling, measuring equipment. Depending on how the prototype comes out and how it performs.

Put a little thought into it did we John? LOL. I'd like to see something simple and cheap. A one piece design header, no rubber coupler. Maybe make it so you can adjust the length by sliding it in and out, two seperate tubes. A way to secure it firmly, maybe hose clamp style? Of course a pressure fitting.

What kind of ETA are we looking at? I'm in for a 1 setup. Like the idea of hard coat black if not that's fine. This is gonna be interesting.

sounds like alot of people's interest has definately been peaked including my own so I'm hoping this can happen shortly.....

]-[0pa]0ng;93038 said:
After seeing one in person I'd be very interested. I like the sound, I'd like to see the stinger come off the side and loudness is not an issue for me.

Would 1 pipe take care of all engine sizes (.21-.28)?

This pipe would work on the .28 I did for you no problem, it is rated for the .21 as well but I have never run a .21 on it. The tune may have to be a "little" on the rich side and it should run with the .21 just fine according to the specs, if not you could put in a stinger reducer and take it back to 8mm instead of the 8.5mm it comes with, that's easy. Sorry for takeing so long to answer the question, I must have missed it due to haveing to "refresh" for every new reply. If you have any other questions brian, just ask or shoot me a PM, I will help you out any way I can. Thanks.

Robin.

I have been very busy but I spoke with the owner last night. I have every intention of getting this rolling very quickly. Thanks.

Robin.

No kidding I will more than likely purchase one for the Picco and possibly more if I love it like you guys are saying. Just can't wait to see the prototype's.

I'd like to see something simple and cheap. A one piece design header, no rubber coupler. Maybe make it so you can adjust the length by sliding it in and out, two seperate tubes. A way to secure it firmly, maybe hose clamp style? Of course a pressure fitting.

i like zilch's idea here.... not sure if it would be possible, or if it would eliminate the black ano idea.... but less parts usually seems to be nicer/easier.... i would def. be interested in one, depending on price of course..... i am working on a budget here! lol

I would like to know if you had any progress on making the header a bit longer to allow for thick TVPs? My truck is ready to go now, except the header on my THS is too short really and the exhaust is pressed up against the TVP which I'm not happy about. I'd rather sell the THS and get something that will fit. Only needs a 1/4 inch more if that doesn't affect the tune too severely. Cheers!

Latest posts

Members online

Back