lst 2 / mini lst shocks fit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obbi13

Hello fellow savagesites,

I was wondering if the LST2 or mini LST shocks would fit in a Savage? I'm confused between LST, LST2 and mini LST!

The Mini LST shocks are way to short and small. However the regular 1/8 scale LST, LST2, aftershock shocks will fit the savage.

Here is a shot of them on my truck a while back:
2ndgearin3speedproblem004.jpg

The Mini LST shocks are way to short and small. However the regular 1/8 scale LST, LST2, aftershock shocks will fit the savage.

Thanks, I was looking on the web to buy them but there were many confusing names. So I should buy either the LST or LST2 not the mini LST.

Last edited by a moderator:
LST have clip adjustment. LST2 have threads for adjustment. Aftershock's are plastic LST2's.

Thanks bank for adding that.

I also wanted to mention, The bodys on mine are the hardanodized ones and I run the gold hardened shafts as well.

Larsen on your rig you have the shocks spaced away from the tower is that needed ? also will these work with aftermarket shock towers? Noob here and this is my first nitro. got it used and abused needs shocks saggin in the rear any help would be great

What I have installed is the IRC LST shock installation kit for the savage. A few have done it with out this kit but the kit is a good idea as it places the shocks in the correct position so there is no irregular angles pushing against the shock, In other words to help keep them from bending. However if you do this with out this kit and you start bending them, just switch the shafts to the gold hardened shafts and they should be fine.

You can use aftermarket shock towers with no problem.

They will be great for club racing. They are heavier but they dampen much better. I run 40-45 weight in mine but would love to switch to 35. I also run the silver springs on them now so they are a little pluscher.

Guys, are the MSR6 LST2 shocks from Integy good? If I could find them at $79 USD is that a good price for them? If they are any good of course!

Latest posts

Members online

Back