lrp break in

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisw

To fast for my own good
run two tanks today but the engine temp has not gone over 135 is that normal the paper that came with the engine says 160 to 190 is good should i lean it out a little or something else,:dunno: :istupid:

How cold is it outside.If it is then wrap your cooling head with a sock.
If its not to cold then i would say lean it out just abit.
What temp gun are you using it could be an inaccurate reading.

it was about 70 out to day and i got a duratrax but i am going to my job and see what my snap-on was says and then see what the duratrax one says only thing i know at 1/2 throttle this mill is crazy

Well, it could be an altitude thing. I know, where I am I'm rather high up in altitude. Not extremely high, but high enough. Whenever I need to break an engine in, I usually have to richen the settings up to get the proper amount of fuel for break in. I broke in a .21 OS motor for a friends truck, and we started out with the first tank. Four minutes into the idle process the temps were reading over 270, and we immediately richened the HSN half a turn, and the LSN a quarter turn. Breaking from thereon was in the late 100's, where it should have been. I believe my location is about 2700ft above sea level, and down off of my hill, where it's only about 800 I have to adjust the settings further. :)

keep us updated about the break in and stuff as I'm thinking about buying a savage roller to build up and throw in the lrp with the buku on it and see how big of smile i get out of it lmao

i will ,i can tell u just at 1/2 throttle this thing is sick i am going to finish the break in tomorrow and i will let u know

Latest posts

Members online

Back