Lrp .32 first start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Djliveasy

Right so fitted my new lrp .32 today come to start it and it's so tight on the pull start, is this right i don't want to pull to hard n do damage, I no they take a lot of running in, I have had it running for a short period but cut out quickly, any advice would be great, thanks Scott

Try loosening the glow plug when you starting it up, yes this is very normal for a new :ercm: to be tight at first....

IMO when breaking in an engine the pullstarter is a lot better.
This way you can feel the pinch and possible hydrolock a lot better.
And it is a lot less stress on the owb.

Also, try and back rotate the flywheel a bit. Hard to do when it's already stuck. A few drops of ARO down the glowplug hole, then force it over. Loosening the GP as suggested will help some. Also, heating the engine will help. Even just a hair dryer on it to get it up over 100F.

The LRP28's were kind of tough too.

Mine was VERY tight as well (well, that sounded awkward didnt it ;) ). I heated it with a hair drier for a few minutes. I always put a few drops of after run oil in new engines prior to ever moving the piston at all. Ince I heated it up, it started fine. LRP's are known for it. Btw, I have the .32 in my savage. You now have your very own landrocket my friend lol. Even with the 3.8 trencher x's, it hops when on the throttle.

Latest posts

Members online

Back