LRP 30 engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James B.Valencia

My Savage XL took a pretty bad crash and landed upside down and the ground smacked my LRP 32 directly which caused the engine case to crack.

I'm thinking of buying the LRP 30 to replace my 32 only because it's about $40 cheaper. I like the power of the LRP 32 but I'm trying to budget.

Anybody know if there is a significant performance difference between the LRP 30 and 32?

Probably the biggest difference will be the rpm of the :ercm: the .30 will have a bit higher rpm than the .32 will, other than that I believe they use the same block in the 2 engines....
Running without a body on will most always break the engine mounts or as yours did the case, they don't like to be hit on the head too awful much....

Probably the biggest difference will be the rpm of the :ercm: the .30 will have a bit higher rpm than the .32 will, other than that I believe they use the same block in the 2 engines....
Running without a body on will most always break the engine mounts or as yours did the case, they don't like to be hit on the head too awful much....
Thanks Jam!

Ya I was tuning the engine and had the body off..didn't realize there was a dip on the road which caused my rig to flip.

So with more RPM..does it mean the 30 is a faster engine?

Maybe a slight bit faster, my son has a .28 :ercm: in his mine is a .32 and his is faster than mine by just a bit using the same gearing....

Depending on your gearing, it might be. If your gearing is such that the 28 or 30 can push it without laboring, the higher RPM's will give you more speed.

I run the LRP28's in most of my rigs, 1 revo, 1 old ofna buggy and 1 savage. Great little engine. I run traxxas 3.8" chevrons on it and have it currently geared at 18/47 but haven't run it yet. I had 17/47 and it's so wheelie happy... figured I'd throw on the spare 18T bell I had, but then it got cold out and I shelved it. The XL being longer would be less likely to wheelie than my X though.

Depending on your gearing, it might be. If your gearing is such that the 28 or 30 can push it without laboring, the higher RPM's will give you more speed.

I run the LRP28's in most of my rigs, 1 revo, 1 old ofna buggy and 1 savage. Great little engine. I run traxxas 3.8" chevrons on it and have it currently geared at 18/47 but haven't run it yet. I had 17/47 and it's so wheelie happy... figured I'd throw on the spare 18T bell I had, but then it got cold out and I shelved it. The XL being longer would be less likely to wheelie than my X though.
I'm running 47/17 on my XL with the .32, the stock gearing is 16/52. With the 47/17 gearing I didn't have any problems doing wheelies and all..we'll see what the .30 can go to the XL.

Thanks for the advice guys!

I'll be sure to put an engine roll cage this time around so I don't damage the new engine..lol

Also, let's say I decide to just replace the engine case and once I put the engine back together..will I need to repeat the breakin process? considering it's a new engine case.

Break in is only for the piston and sleeve. So you can just replace it and drive it like you stole it again....

Break in is only for the piston and sleeve. So you can just replace it and drive it like you stole it again....

I mostly agree with this. However, in my eyes you should still give it a little grace period after install to make sure everything is good before going nuts. Nothing near break in, maybe a couple tanks. You'll likely be doing retuning during this period anyway.

Latest posts

Members online

Back