Looking for SHORTER shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orcusomega

I am looking to make smaller shock towers for my Savage so that I can work on my cage to make the Savvy look like an off-road crawler. To that end, I want to drop the shock towers and put single shocks on each corner.

Comments welcome!

Thanks,

Bob

The LST's, are short I think. I never used them though.

how short? you got a ball park measurement?

hellfire shocks are a shorter version of big bores.

i got a sweet set of D8 shocks on the bay, but yeah, theyre real short.

i can measure the hellfire & the D8 shocks if ya want.

how short? you got a ball park measurement?

hellfire shocks are a shorter version of big bores.

i got a sweet set of D8 shocks on the bay, but yeah, theyre real short.

i can measure the hellfire & the D8 shocks if ya want.

If you could measure them, i would appreciate it. I am looking for at least one inch shorter than the OEM shocks. I want to make a custom set of shock towers to reduce the overall stance and give me more room for a custom cage...

Thanks!

Bob

using fuel tubing, you can mod the shocks and you can adjust them to whatever height you want. how are you going to make the custom shock tower? Aluminum or plastic? Interested in seeing how you do this. Good Luck!

If you are looking for shocks, I would say the CEN shocks or BB shocks with HF shock shafts.

Knowing what you are looking for I would have to say I think the hellfire shocks are what you want.

I have two trucks with single shocks on each corner and I used MBX5T Mugen shocks. Way shorter!!!

using fuel tubing, you can mod the shocks and you can adjust them to whatever height you want. how are you going to make the custom shock tower? Aluminum or plastic? Interested in seeing how you do this. Good Luck!

If you are looking for shocks, I would say the CEN shocks or BB shocks with HF shock shafts.

Allan - I am going to be making new towers out of aluminum. I have a rough idea in my head what I want, I am going to model the shock towers in my 8ight to get rough measurements, and then modify that to fit the savvy :)

Depending on the end result of the cage - Mi might actually mount the shocks to that - but that's down the road quite bit.

As for the fuel tubing, my issue is not the ride height, it is the overall height of the shock towers themselves... This week maybe I can get more measurements, and get more specifics down :)

Thanks!

Bob

Members online

No members online now.
Back