Looking for ideas to make from Carbon Fiber, aluminum?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are great prices! I will be needing a PRC125 and PRC130 very soon. Cant wait to get more money.......

how much for a lcg ext chassis, skid plate, motor mount, roll bar, and ofna midtank plate

It would run to $255 and I would throw ground UPS shipping in on that price anywhare in the US.

Oregon- Just let me know I will just need to get them cut. I should get them cut this weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Larsen, a buddy of mine is wanting to change out the plates on his cen gst 7.7 and I told him I'd ask you bout getting a price for some made out of carbon. I already told him that he would have to send one of the plates to you so you could make a copy and add it to your system to be cut out. Just wondering if you could possibly maybe give me a ballpark figure as to how much they would be. They are about the same length as F/R ext. savvy tvps bout a little taller. And if I haven't said it yet, your products look sweet. Can't wait til I can get some myself. Just let me know on the price guess.

Allright here are my shock towers.

This one is to replace the stock shock towers. To put these on your truck you will also need to purchase the HPI part Number 85514 which is the Hellfire Body mounts which will attach to my shock towers. These will include all necassary parts and mounting hardware to install on to the truck.

Prices:
Full truck= $75.00
1 Set=37.50

prc133-1.jpg

Here is my LCG or Low Profile set these are simmular to the ones above but you will need to run Hellfire Shock or something simmular with these they are intended more for the racers so they can mount bodys low and keep there weight as low as possable.

Prices:
Full Truck=$65.00
1 Set=$32.50

prc138-1.jpg

In time I plan on stocking all the parts needed for my kits so its a one stock shop. Parts like the Hellfire tank, OFNA tank, Hellfire body mounts, Ect which I will give you the best possable price. Both these mount will work on all savage models.

my hat goes off to ya larsenracing as you have some amazing ideas and i'll be getting in on some of them i imagine sooner or later lol

Sounds like a great plan and Ill be looking forward to it. Also, thanks very much for all the complaments from everyone and for the support you guys have been great.

Here is also a picture of my Standard Length LCG Chassis Kit which was talked about with prices above. It includes the TVP Kit and the Skid Plate Kit.

prc131.jpg

Larsen, a buddy of mine is wanting to change out the plates on his cen gst 7.7 and I told him I'd ask you bout getting a price for some made out of carbon. I already told him that he would have to send one of the plates to you so you could make a copy and add it to your system to be cut out. Just wondering if you could possibly maybe give me a ballpark figure as to how much they would be. They are about the same length as F/R ext. savvy tvps bout a little taller. And if I haven't said it yet, your products look sweet. Can't wait til I can get some myself. Just let me know on the price guess.

Larsen, just wonder if you had seen this or not.

Larsen, just wonder if you had seen this or not.

Hey sorry buddy, I totally missed that post, sorry. I would imagine they would be close to the same price as my extended ones then, to give you a ball park. I'm not exactly sure what the chassis looks like on that so if you could please PM me a few pictures of the chassis. I can only do flat plates so keep that in mind. Also, if there are anyother plates on it I can make I would be intrested in them as well even if he doesn't want them. yes I would need them for a short time but would get them back to him as quick as possable, I'm sure we can make arangements on the shipping costs and so on. Let me know. Thanks and sorry again for not seeing your post.

Hey sorry buddy, I totally missed that post, sorry. I would imagine they would be close to the same price as my extended ones then, to give you a ball park. I'm not exactly sure what the chassis looks like on that so if you could please PM me a few pictures of the chassis. I can only do flat plates so keep that in mind. Also, if there are anyother plates on it I can make I would be intrested in them as well even if he doesn't want them. yes I would need them for a short time but would get them back to him as quick as possable, I'm sure we can make arangements on the shipping costs and so on. Let me know. Thanks and sorry again for not seeing your post.

Hey it's cool. He asked me about it the other day and was checkin on it. Also, if I send you the material to make some ext. LCG TVPs, mid-tank plate, shock towers (stock and LCG) and skid plate, how much would you charge me? Also, what size would I need to get? Just curious for future reference.

xtremsavage- Its less than half my cost that is in the materials. The majority of the cost comes from all the time stuck into these parts, along with tooling, cutters, machine run time, ect. I mean the material is expensave but really doesn't amount to a whole heck of a lot because you can fit many different parts per sheet. If you think you can get it cheaper than I can from my supplier then yes it could save some money but I really frown on the idea because my parts are designed to the correct strength for the specs of my materials. I hope you understand.

svdude- I'm not sure how much the shipping is to there. PM me your address and all other information and I'll be sure to take a look and let you know. Also, if have ever ordered from the US before how much did it cost you?

xtremsavage- Its less than half my cost that is in the materials. The majority of the cost comes from all the time stuck into these parts, along with tooling, cutters, machine run time, ect. I mean the material is expensave but really doesn't amount to a whole heck of a lot because you can fit many different parts per sheet. If you think you can get it cheaper than I can from my supplier then yes it could save some money but I really frown on the idea because my parts are designed to the correct strength for the specs of my materials. I hope you understand.

Yes I understand. I actually wasn't gonna use carbon fiber for the material. I actually have something else in mind. If you need to know what I was gonna use, then let me know and I'll PM with what I was gonna use. Then you can let me know if it will be possible. I would say it here, but wanna keep it a secret and surprize for the other members. So, basically, it'll be between us.

Sure bud, let me know what you are talking about and we will work it out. I was under the asumption that you wanted carbon, My bad sorry.

Allright, I got some more picts to add. This weekend I got to cutting a roll bar add a set of my Standard hight Shock Towers and a few sets of roll bars to get installed onto my truck. I am very impressed to as strong as sturdy these actually are. I would have to say the roll bar is a strong as the X one and The shock towers are much stiffer than the stockers as you can see in the picture of the towers I am glueing 2mm and 4mm carbon togather to get the thickness as 6mm thick is much more exensave. In time if I can sell enought of them I will probably get the 6mm and just use that but I'm not sure as how thick you can get it solid carbon before they start to use honey comb which isnt near as strong. I know for the baja they are doubling pieces up. I wouldn't need to glue them togather but you gain a quite a bit of strength by doing these. Anyway I think prices are posted above but here are pictures.

carbon006.jpg

carbon009.jpg

carbon008.jpg

carbon001.jpg

carbon003.jpg

carbon014.jpg

Hi,

Something I was thinking about and I know has been mentioned on the forum a few times in the past. I don't know what kind of equipment you are using or have access to but something I think would sell well is some X style easy access diff case's. If you ever do any of thos put me down for 4 of them.

John

At this time I'm not really looking to get into 3dimensional parts but will keep you in mind if I do as I would probably do them. I do have access to these types of machines but it may be some time before I get to doing anything to that extence. Sorry bud.

I will gladely make something like this. Does some one have a picture of one installed on a truck so I can see exactly how it mounts. The one I made and was using before just attaches to the 2 shock bolts, I just want to see if that is what they are doing.

How about something like this. Its from 4mm and should hold up just fine other than a obvious 20 jump and landing on the lid. LOL

It is part number PRC145 and will cost $11.50 W/bolts to mount wing mount to carbon mount plate. It can also be drilled for custom mount aplications. When drilling carbon use High speeds, sharp bits and make sure you are pushing against a block of wood or something so it doesnt pull apart.

prc145.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I will take a good look at mine and see if they really are needed this way I can use a universal one between the X and the other model savages. I think it will be fine as I was pushing and prodding on mine last night pretty hard and I used a scrap piece of 3mm I had laying around and the production ones would be 4mm, which is signifacantly stronger.

Thanks for the parts larsenracing! They fit realy nice. I love the way they look. I will be hitting you up for more for sure!!!

Thanks Oregon, I'm glad you like them and I hope you enjoy the Ofna Mid-tank kit and I cant wait to help you out some more.

Jason,
I'm really interested in the LCG shock towers. But i would be really glad if you can take some pics of the towers mounted with buggy shock on the truck.

I actually don't have any installed at the point and didnt get picts when I did. I don't have any short shocks the ones I used where off of a buddys Hellfire however he has sold it now. Sorry.

Members online

No members online now.
Back