Looking for ideas to make from Carbon Fiber, aluminum?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would really like to make them form 3mm and 4mm carbon this way you could bash with the 4mm's pretty easily but I would very much recomend my Center skid as some added support. If you get what I mean.

Iv'e got alot of work to do yet as the TVP's may go threw some fairly large changes yet.

If I did aluminum I would really push to use 7075 aluminum instead of 6061 for the extra strength.

Here is a pict of the Proto I cut from Plastic of the Losi Mini Slider Modified chassis. The reason I fut it from plastic is becuase of cost.
Proto004.jpg

For a name what do you guys think of Platinum RC Products?

Dude those parts are perfect. Aluminum or CF they will be what the doc ordered.Are you going to make in stock length and ext. LCG? let me know cause i was looking at the flm plates, stock length lcg's. thanx for the reply.

Things I would like in CF...

A wing mount

A actual CF wing (You could screw the sides onto the wing if you can't make it one piece)

LCG shock towers

That's all I can think of right now.

CARBON RC PRODUCTS
THE CARBON EXPERTS
SUPER LIGHT RC PRODUCTS

PLATINUM RC PRODUCTS (is cool)

Platinum RC Products is cool.

But I like alliteration: RC Carbon Customs, Custom RC Carbon, etc. etc.

The proto looks good! Taking me back to my 'Mechanical Engineering 350: Design for Manufacture' glory days! Except we had to use ruddy Pro/E not SWX.

Dude those parts are perfect. Aluminum or CF they will be what the doc ordered.Are you going to make in stock length and ext. LCG? let me know cause i was looking at the flm plates, stock length lcg's. thanx for the reply.

At this point the ones I have designed are Extended LCG but plan to make different varieations. To make The stock length LCG ones will be easy to accomplish. At this point I'm working on the design to accept the IRC Mid tank setup along with possably a cheaper version so when i get that done. I will do a save as and change them to the stock length but LCG. The rest of the variations will have to wait as I will have to figgure out doggys first.

Thanks to the rest of you for the options for a name.

FX- a wing will be diffacult to come up with as I'm only working with flat CF for now atleast but will work on a wing as time goes on. Thats a great idea by the way. As far as LCG shocktowers I will work on but will need to probably get 5MM-4 at the least CF to accomplish this and thats cery expensave.

A carbon fiber wing would look pretty sweet Jason. Not to sure how you would pull it off though. Maybe a servo plate like FLM offers, to help with a mid tank mod.
I thought I saw that wing idea somewhere! That's cool, skip right over short bus, he's too dumb to notice anyway. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as the LCG shock towers go you could "sandwich" a few layers of CF together.

man i hope i didnt if i did can i get them off if i did I'm sorry didnt mean to.:duh:

Hey sv, Fxstrongside got it taken care of please watch next time so we can eliminate this problem as many members are having this problem. Also, writing a comment is helpfull. Thanks man for the reps though.

Larsen if you are doing extended lcg chassis plates, you should see if you can put some holes at the back and make a rear steer kit for it. ie. using the stock steering assembly (tough) at the back with servo plate mounted behind the engine. I don't know if it would fit but it would make your chassis unique.

I like this idea allot... I have been looking at it and the only real obstacle would be the exhaust pipe... If we could extend far enough to clear the exhaust pipe that would be awesome! I have also thought of trying to use the same servo to work both front and back instead of using two separate ones... this would cut down on additional weight. It would be cool if we could just literally mount a second front end right to the back end...

I would also like to see the LCG even lower then the ones that are out now... Giving it a lower stance kind of like the REVO would help make it a better track friendly truck.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Well guys I got some stuff cut yesterday finally. If feels great having a few parts in hand since I have all this time into this stuff. So hear are some picts of the First Prototypes.

You will know what these first parts are just by looking at them. All the Savage stuff is from 3MM and the rest if from 2MM carbon Fiber. Everything is about half the weight of the stock aluminum stuff. This stuff is very rigid I had actually expected them to flex some but there is actually very very little if they even do flex.

First the first set of TVP's Extended 1.5" & LCG. (These need some work as you can see in the 3 X 3 holes in the rear for the servo mounts)
Prototypes007.jpg

Next is the center Skid for the bottom.
Prototypes003.jpg

This is a Motor plate for the Savage. (I'm Hoping this will work and be strong enought but I will test if very hard first.
Prototypes008.jpg

You may not care some much about these parts but I will just post them so you can see some of my parts.
This is for a Losi Slider it is the bottom chassis. The top one is the stock one and the second one is for when you convert it from the sprint car to the modified and then plase the battery right onto the chassis on the tab that sticks off the side (as you can see the slots and notch for a zip tie.
Prototypes010.jpg

Prototypes004.jpg

These are for the bottom of the Losi Mini LST they are the lower skid plates. you will see below that I have picts of the carbon parts then a pict of my truck with the stocks and then a pict of the Carbon ones installed.
Prototypes014.jpg

Prototypes016.jpg

Prototypes017.jpg

Sorry for the poor picture quality. We have decide that the business name will be Platinum RC Products or PRC for short. So keep an eye out for us. I will add more information as I know like email address and web page.

Looks great!!

When you complete a LCG kit let me know. Please add my name to the list!

Also.. if you need somone to do testing/feedback for you I would be game for that as well...

(SAVAGE 4.6)

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Those parts that you have already made look sick. If you plan on making a set of tvps that are like the IRC 6mmm front and 1" rear, let me know.

Here is a CAD picture of the kit for the Mid-Tank/Servo plate. This plate will accept the HPI Hellfire tank #87505.

servomid-tankasm.jpg

And as for a Reciever box for the Mid-Tank kit the TVP's will accept a RPM RC10 # RPM80052.

I will have pictures off all this installed on my savage early next week.

Hi,

Your parts look nice. Something I thought might be interesting to try. If you could design a frame where you could have the steering in the rear, even just the rear. this way you would have a savage with the motor in front or most of the weight in front, I guess you would have to use a reverse module even if it was locked in one postion.

I don't know how it would handel, what made me think of it is theres a video where some guys are climbing a huge hill with different rc's, I think only one made it to the top, To me it looked like the biggest problem they had was the front end comming up.

Just an idea I wanted to throw out there.

cant wait to see your finished stuff.

Maybe if you leave them solid ,but provide holes for access to key screws such as engine mounts etc. Just a thought.Anyhow when you get a price on the lcg extended please let me know I would be very interested.Christmas bills are allmost payed off so I will have a little cabbage.Keep up the good work!Thanx again,Peace

Well boys I'm kicken. I sold 9 Mod Slider chassis, 1 regular slider chassis, & 1 set of lower skids for Mini LST's locally last night. I will be cutting 2 more sets of all of my Savage parts tomorrow. I also have email up which is [email protected] and have the web URL purchased and should have a simple page up very very shortly which is www.platinumrcproducts.com I will post pictures of the My racer savage with all my Carbon on it as soon as I can so Please stay posted. Enjoy.

Yeah, congrats also on gettin so many sold so far. I'm also sure that there may be a couple members on here that might be able to help with the web design. Wouldn't hurt to ask. And, can't wait to see pics of your carbon savage.

I would like a plate to mount my tank to on my next midtank mod for my Savage. I don't like the idea of adding all the weight of an aluminum part to an already heavy truck and carbon fiber looks cool too.:FarleyParty:

Larson, have you came up with a price yet for the carbon savage setup? I mean the TVPs, mid-tank plate, motor plate, skid plate, and whatever else carbon you've got on there. Let me know, I'm interested.

I do have prices but I think I'm switching to 4mm carbon as I don't think it cost much more and will be that much stronger and doesn't add much more weight. I should know more on the difference in prices later tonight so I will post all prices later. Sorry this is taking so long.

My goal is to keep everyhing as cheap as I can. Most prices will be lower or comparable to other competitiors for carbon stuff.

Latest posts

Members online

Back