LiPo questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwiZtiD

Just off subject I bought a slash for some race action. I was told to run 3s LiPo 25c 5000mah and I found at the lhs there 129$ and various websites and as cheap as 29$ on hobbyking's web site. What's the difference? What should I go with?:cussing:

in a 2wd slash go with a 2s pack and don't go cheap on the pack either or u will be causing more trouble 3s in a 2wd sc truck is way to much plus for racing some trakcs limit u to 2s

All lipos cells are manufactured in China. They then go through and take all the perfect cells and cell those to big name companies that make big $$$ pack out of them. The cells that were not quite up to par are sold at a discount to smaller companies that slap their own labels on the cells and sell them to the public at a fraction of the cost of the other packs.

Are they inferior cells? Yes. Is the lower quality worth the saved money? Hell yes it is! Buy 3 packs for less and even if they only last 100 cycles thats still better off then an expensive pack and you got do do 3 times as much flying/driving as you would have with the expensive pack.,

The only rule I have is not to skimp on the C ratings. These cheaper packs will last a long time if you don't over draw from them. I have $5 lipos that are 2 years old with well over 100 cycles and they still work great they just get a little warmer at the end of a discharge then they used to.

Have you looked into the Nano-tech packs by Turnigy?

them are good pakcs mud i run them but i would check local track rules to make sure u can race 3s packs hate to see you buy 3s packs and not be ablle use them to race

It's a 4x4 slash, no limits on 2s or 3s on the track I have good throttle control so I'm not worried about the power I just want the insane speed from a 3s and it makes sence to spend 35$ and get three batts for the price of one at the lhs. I just didn't understand the wide price differance

Latest posts

Members online

Back