LID REPAIR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faisalbasha

Mr Nonsensical
The lid mount went right through the lid and theres a big hole. Is there a way to repair it? I really don't want to buy another lid with such a minor problem to the one I have.

A hole in the body...especially at a mounting location...is no small problem. Stop landing on the roof of your truck!

:wtf: :facepalm: :banghead: :dead:

use a piece of scrap lexan and glue it inside the body with GOOP.....
and stop landing on your head so much

Don't know if your aware of it or not your suppose to keep you truck on all four wheels.lol but I have a problem with that myself.lol

Drywall tape and Goop/shoe Goo if you don't have any lexan around. Any blister pack plastic should work also.

well....this is what i did and it worked great:

shoe goo and fibreglass tape fixed the broken hole and now is a lot stronger. of course i made all holes stronger with the fibreglass tape. it is sturdier for sure. I advise everyone with the same problem to do it.

Drywall tape and Goop/shoe Goo if you don't have any lexan around. Any blister pack plastic should work also.

Thanks very much for the good advice.

well....this is what i did and it worked great:

shoe goo and fibreglass tape fixed the broken hole and now is a lot stronger. of course i made all holes stronger with the fibreglass tape. it is sturdier for sure. I advise everyone with the same problem to do it.

Thanks very much for the good advice.
Use the goo and tape to reinforce the body before it fails also. Works great as a preventative measure as well as a fix.

Latest posts

Members online

Back