Larsen's Hybrid Savage Mutt Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I got some updates, Did some work on it tonight and got quite a ways. just needs a receiver and the throttle linkages need some help along with a little fuel line and mounting of the pipe and she will be wrapped up and ready to run. So lets here your comments along with here's some pictures of the progress.

Early tonight and with out wheels/tires/motor.
Savage003.jpg

Savage004.jpg

Tonights end.
Savage005.jpg

Savage006.jpg

Savage007.jpg

It will probably get a different motor but will run this for a little while. Gear is 15/47 with 2 speed, Integy Alum Shoes. I will also strap the battery up front on the shock tower with my PRC180 Rush Battery Box Mount and the Rush Box HPIA349. Steering servo is Hitec 5625MG and throttle/Brake is a HPI SF-4, which will probably go digital at some point but I have other servos that will go digi first. The Pipe it will start out with is a Team Losi RTR Pipe from a LST2 which is supposed to be an alright pipe.

I will continue to post the updates!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lookin sweet Jason, really like that wing mount.. Have to put that on my list of things to get..

Looks awesome! love that it has no purple and really like that wing mount.

Also one question, I cant seem to get on the SMF store website. It keeps telling me that its forbidden. ive tried multiple ways to get on it but still says the same thing. Got any ideas?

Tyler

Still doesnt work Heres what it says

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at storefront.smfstore.com Port 80

Na man not enough time. Hopping with in the next few days. I need to order a Pipe mount which should be done in the next day. Then Just install a receiver. Probably just going to throw a 72mhz on it I got laying around for now.

Ive spend $200. But had a lot of the parts already. A few of the larger purchases I had to buy were the Front and Rear XL Diffs and housings (Ebay), Integy Rear Hub Carriers, Flywheel, Clutch Shoes, Steering Digital Servo, XL DB's, XL Out-Drive Cups w/spacers.

That list nor the price includes the PRC112, The hellfire Tank nor the Wing mount stuff. So there is an extra ~$70.

Well I made it one step further today. I mounted the battery box to the front shock tower, using a PRC180 and HPIA349.

RushBox003.jpg

Looking great Jason! love the de-anodizing and the slick firestorm battery box mount... hmm may have to pick up one of those badboys from you....God I feel like my truck is costing me a million dollars and its not even together lol. Question do you have to use the XL driveshafts with the XL axles? I have the FLM hd axles so I'm contemplating getting the XL axles for a lil more stability

Yes it is using the X center shafts and the XL out drives to the wheels.

I run the FLM HD Axles on a 1 of my other trucks and will be switching the other soon to them.

Well I got the final build complete. All I need it a switch with the standard Futaba ends on both. The Linkages are of poor quality but will probably be replaced with time along with some other clean up but it's good enough to start with. Pictures below.

The CDE pack that went into the build:
mutt007.jpg

mutt008.jpg

mutt009.jpg

mutt010.jpg

mutt011.jpg

mutt012.jpg

mutt013.jpg

mutt014.jpg

mutt015.jpg

And yes i'm finally going to destroy this body.
mutt016.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality pictures the camera was about to die.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back