Larsen's Hybrid Savage Mutt Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
....hmmm not much CF being used on this build, at this point i have to ask 'who are you & what have you done with Larz?'

LOL, It's me. I hear ya I haven't put much CF into this yet as I am just building it from a lot of parts I have laying around but also have purchased some. Just trying to do it right the first time.

Both of my other GP savages have lots of CF on them so I guess I figured that I would keep this one more stock. It will get a CF chassis at some point along with the rest of the parts. I just figured I have way to much of my stock in to the other 2 trucks and that I better stay away from this one for a while. LOL.

So you plan on making one that will be a direct fit then? Cause I am looking into a mid tank mod for my savage 25 and just trying to find what will be easiest.

That would be awsome and even better that you are looking into making one for the ofna 250cc tank.

Will the ofna 250cc tank fit between the 25 tvp's? Or is it too long?

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright today I received my Integy Rear Hub Carriers, an Air filter, Roll-bar, HPI BB shocks which will go on my racer and those will go on this, alum clutch shoes with a Flywheel. I also picked up Linkage stuff this weekend. I will be using a HPI SF-4 servo from the Baja throttle.

I'm still waiting on a few parts. Some bearings, the XL Drive shafts, Drive Cups, Hing pin's/braces for diffs, Red Fiber Dual Brake disk set, and a few other minor miscellaneous Parts which may very well all be here yet this week. I can't wait.

Well here is a few updates. I received a bunch of parts in the last few days. I deanodized a few parts today and assembled the rear 1/3 of the truck. So here are a few updated shots.
rear001.jpg

rear002.jpg

rear003.jpg

The springs may end up to an extra set of black ones I have but will get the truck assembled and decide at that point how it rides.

Two question 1. How are those integy rear carriers? 2. What did you to de ano? Sorry for all the questions

Well got a some stuff from Trixter to finish my front 1/3 build. No I think all i'm waiting on it the Brake Hex and steering bearings. O ya and deciding on a motor, may have something but need to wait for a little bit. So here are a few shots of the front section.

Front001.jpg

Front002.jpg

Thanks Again Trixter!!!

Agreed, it would look better with out the colored springs but the Blacks are pretty stiff for my taste but they work great for hard bashing but these with 30wt silicon oil worked great on my extended so they should work good here as well. I guess we will see. You are correct I like it better without the Purple as well.

looks sweet, you diff got some skills.

I'm digging the lack of purple. As soon as I get some savage XL black exhaust couplers mine will be purple free too. I hate that color.....

HAHA now I need a servo unless I can dig something up I got laying around. I was out driving around with my X Breaking in the Modded Mach 427 and all the sudden the servo dies.

Na nothing yet for a motor either. i still need everything from poat #42 yet as well.

Will that hellfire kit work with the HPI low center gravity plates? I am looking at mid-tanking mine, but want to do it as clean and neat as possible. That plate seems like just what I am looking for to do it.

What LCG plates., the X's? If so yes it will work. You may have to use a large washer on the outside and sandwich the chassis on the rear hold but it will work.

I would think it would fit just fine you may have to do what I mentioned above is to sandwich the chassis between a flatwasher and the Mid-tank plate but it should work.

Yup, I should have the rest today or tomorrow at least to get it to a roller. Everything up to the motor. I can't wait it will probably be put off for a few days though as I am working on a FLUX Chassis.

Latest posts

Members online

Back