K 4.6 backplate seal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rkd09

Does anyone know where can I get k 4.6 backplate oring? I know this has been discontinued for a while now, will the f4.6 seal fit? Mine is already in bad shape and really need one, thanks..

I don't believe it will fit...however my understanding is the one from the K5.9 will fit. I think the S and F series use a lot of gaskets/o-rings, but the K is different.

Regardless: You might have to just replace the entire backplate to get the o-ring. If the o-ring is that bad, it might not hurt to just replace the back-plate as well. https://www.ebay.com/itm/HPI-15236-Cover-Plate-Set-Nitro-Star-K-Series-/253940281179.

Worse comes to worse you can just buy an o-ring the exact same dimensions...but I would not play around with them too much as they have to be spot on. Good luck with it

Looks like it’s great option to just replace the entire backplate, I will do some more research, thanks a lot..

Looks like it’s great option to just replace the entire backplate, I will do some more research, thanks a lot..
Forget the O ring seal the backplate with rtv sealant,
Just let it cure for a while before putting the backplate on,
I've sealed numerous engines with gaskets, without gaskets or O rings.

Looks like it’s great option to just replace the entire backplate, I will do some more research, thanks a lot
Forget the O ring seal the backplate with rtv sealant,
Just let it cure for a while before putting the backplate on,
I've sealed numerous engines with gaskets, without gaskets or O rings.

May I know what brand of rtv sealant are you using? Thanks.

I prefer using the copper type, it works better and is easier to remove when teardown time comes.......

Latest posts

Members online

Back