K 4.6 backplate seal

rkd09

Does anyone know where can I get k 4.6 backplate oring? I know this has been discontinued for a while now, will the f4.6 seal fit? Mine is already in bad shape and really need one, thanks..

OnThatPipe

On a vacation
I don't believe it will fit...however my understanding is the one from the K5.9 will fit. I think the S and F series use a lot of gaskets/o-rings, but the K is different.

Regardless: You might have to just replace the entire backplate to get the o-ring. If the o-ring is that bad, it might not hurt to just replace the back-plate as well. https://www.ebay.com/itm/HPI-15236-Cover-Plate-Set-Nitro-Star-K-Series-/253940281179.

Worse comes to worse you can just buy an o-ring the exact same dimensions...but I would not play around with them too much as they have to be spot on. Good luck with it

rkd09

Looks like it’s great option to just replace the entire backplate, I will do some more research, thanks a lot..

Sparky

Looks like it’s great option to just replace the entire backplate, I will do some more research, thanks a lot..
Forget the O ring seal the backplate with rtv sealant,
Just let it cure for a while before putting the backplate on,
I've sealed numerous engines with gaskets, without gaskets or O rings.

rkd09

Looks like it’s great option to just replace the entire backplate, I will do some more research, thanks a lot
Forget the O ring seal the backplate with rtv sealant,
Just let it cure for a while before putting the backplate on,
I've sealed numerous engines with gaskets, without gaskets or O rings.
May I know what brand of rtv sealant are you using? Thanks.

Jam Racing 1

NPTB MONITOR & Master of the known Universe
HPISF Supporter
I prefer using the copper type, it works better and is easier to remove when teardown time comes.......