jcam54's savage 25 rebirth...caution detailed pics...need dsl or better

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you built the truck the way everyone else thought it should be, who's truck would it really be? I've seen it in person and think it's sweet. To each his own I guess. Just gonna get torn up anyway if you do it right!

Thats true! And we know how to tear them up!
Well I got the 8lb springs (for the lst2 shocks) in today so I'll mount them and see how it runs!

Well the 8lbs. Hot Racing "high lift springs" are way too stiff, makes it look like it's got pogo sticks for wheels with no preload! Oh-well back to the net to find some more springs!

I also added a titanium motor plate from Hard Core Racing...
midtankcont002.jpg

midtankcont001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some pics of BlazerX alum body mounts installed...AND might I say pretty nice and a great dress up part that actually will stand up to some abuse!

midtankcont010.jpg

midtankcont011.jpg

midtankcont012.jpg

midtankcont016.jpg

midtankcont014.jpg

midtankcont015.jpg

ive got mine, but i just haven't had time to get them installed. they are very good quality indeed, and thanks for the detailed pics, makes mounting mine a lot easier.

lol! Anything for you Dread! 2 mins with a dremel on the stock mounts and a drill your done! Quick and easy, just like I like it!

Here are some pics of BlazerX alum body mounts installed...AND might I say pretty nice and a great dress up part that actually will stand up to some abuse!
midtankcont010.jpg

midtankcont011.jpg

midtankcont012.jpg

midtankcont016.jpg

midtankcont014.jpg

midtankcont015.jpg

On mine I dremeled the plastic down all the way to the platform. I
But either way will work, just a bit lower though. Thanks for the awesome pics!

Well here I am breaking in the new sts and whamo wheelied onto my lid...ummm no lid installed...urrrggg!!!

Blazer X's body mounts did the job, very minimal scrapes on the alum, you can barely tell I fubared! And best of all no head damage to the new motor! BOOOHHHYYYYAAAAA BABY!!

nice truck its all looking so good! nice job!
4x4

Well here I am breaking in the new sts and whamo wheelied onto my lid...ummm no lid installed...urrrggg!!!

Blazer X's body mounts did the job, very minimal scrapes on the alum, you can barely tell I fubared! And best of all no head damage to the new motor! BOOOHHHYYYYAAAAA BABY!!

Cool Beans........:resp: Thanks for the update.

Well I bought some irc shock towers off of mega, and I was gonna put them on the basher but I said what the hey just put them on this one!

irctowers003.jpg

irctowers004.jpg

Lookin really nice, those toweres look amazing on there.

Super nice work John. Get you some X bulkheads, you'll be needing them. With all that power you'll be replacing those diffs soon enough.

:resp:

What made you decide to go with the titanium motor plate instead of the FLM plate? Where did you find the hardcore racing plate in stock?

What made you decide to go with the titanium motor plate instead of the FLM plate? Where did you find the hardcore racing plate in stock?

I was in the same situation. I got mine for 12$. Don't buy one at at regular cost, you can buy a half dozen of the stock hpi ones for what HCR gets for one. They are nice though.

Niice truck man! Where did you get the thing that golds it from the ground? :) I need one of those...hehe.

Finally I have a vid of the rb sts in acation (note this is the same vid in the macspro pipe thread) BTW the trans is shot in this vid...broke the case and did some damage.

glad to see another dog that will chase a rc...my dog has a blast...but if you ever get it going toward her..she runs like a scared puppy...lol...looks good man

LOL thanks man!

That dog aint mine...that kid in the vid came up with his dad and dog...asked to watch us run...I gave his dog a work out though!

J- a guy at work just got LST's off of ebay (he doesnt come on the site) so i forwarded him this thread to see how its done.... great pics & info bro!

In that video I was running 20/47 gearing and I ran the truck today with a new 2 spd hd trans...got it shifting late in the day. I was running 18/49 gearing and it was shagging butt. That rb mod sts is pretty bad....but I can't wait to get the funds to have extreme rc modes to do my other sts...should blow that one out of the water. I am very happy with the way this truck came out, although I'm going to change the th/br linkage to the bankrupter mod. I have allready done it on the basher and man does it really work, very fast and efficent!--REP to you Bank!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back