Jammin pipes??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awya14

So, ive got a "Ths",Ribbed Hpi and my STS 07 is almost here...because I cant wait I'm goin to buy another pipe this morning .I'm sick of tearing gromets..(and the noise) outa the ribbed and the THS is all dinged up..so I was lookin at the Ofna Jammin #1,2,3 $69,$89,$109..(local)I'm sure ebay would be much cheaper ..but I want a pipe today:dunno:
the guy at the shop seems to think all 3 are made for >.21-.32?..
so ..I'm gonna pick up the #2 and see what it does ..If anybody has any input on these pipes or likes / dislikes let me know ...I'm sure theres only a small difference between them and I prob cant even tell..but after hearing the STS tuned pipes make a huge difference (for the .30) I figured it might bring the Axial 28 alive ?
the search engine on this site never gets me the answers I'm lookin for ..so I thought it might be quicker startin a new thread

so cancel that ..I went ..bought it ..tried to install it ..no go.header didnt fit/ pipe had to run upside down..just a bad idea..went to another shop(5 shops within 20mins of each other)got this sucker ..Vantage st180c-03 .21-.28..headers good mounting system kinda sucks..to bad in puttin it on the sts.30
till I get the other 1..might swap it half way ..see how it goes..
DSC04002.jpg

DSC04003.jpg

DSC04005.jpg

Holy!!!!!!! crapola!! insane..I don't know much...but i do know that pipe was worth every $$$ ($114 cad to be exact) man o man ..I have a bita trouble tunein my trucks..gettin them to run crisp under 240f ..
I started the STS ..warmed it up for a min (sounds awsome ..kinda like a lumpy cam in a 454) then cracked her open ..right off the bat ..screamed !!! did a few runs pulled it in for a temp check ...198F!!! Ive never got that much snap and crispy-ness outa any motor yet under 200F ..i was pretty pumped ..so I leaned it out 1/16th at a time ..gotter up to 230F couldnt keep the front end down at all!! this trucks got the 2 speed and the 16/52 combo..perfect for the power this motor was producing ..any speed crack it ..wheelie ..1st-2nd wheelie ..its was just silly..then I fired up the axial ..blah ..felt like a run down .21 ..I didnt feel like puttin the pipe on it ..so I left ..but once the sts pipe come the Axial will get the Vantage ...and hopefully bring it back to life??

What motors will that Vantage fit?

it says >.21-.28 on the box ..but it did wonders for the .30..I might go back out and take a couple vids so you can hear and see what its got..
best bang for the $$ $150 shipped for the motor.(RCMall..ebay) $114 taxs in for the pipe ..I cant see a OS.30 being much better and that motor's $270 shipped and no pipe..

from the pics it looks shorter than most pipes if so that would explain the power, from what i understand the jp pipes work jp1 is for low end power jp2 is for mid range power and jp3 is supposed to be a combination of the 2 but from what i hear you have to really open up the motor to get the power out it.

It doesnt seem too much shorter..but the real problem is the carbon fibre!!.
Only had 2 tanks of gas through it and I think it may be melting ..awsome pipe ..don't think its make for temps 250F and up?,I check with heat gun aprox 2" away ..while my motor 210F its 310-320ish ..and it smokes right around where the pipe connects ..
DSC04006.jpg

DSC04009.jpg

so,what an ordeal..emailed Vantage ..couldnt wait..went back to the Hobbie shop..guy was ready to give me a new 1 ..but..he didnt have any left.so I had to drive to they're other store..only 15mins away..get there they give me a new 1..I was gonna just take and leave ....then I decided to test it ..slapped it on went out to the parkin lot and fired it up!!
they tried to tell me I was runnin my motor too hot at the 2nd shop ...I said "O ya ?" "c'mon out and see for your self"..so I fire up thee ol Axial..(starts 1st pull ..and runs awsome the whole time) and warm it up ..getter up to Temp(190F-ish)..and then run it hard up and down the lot..6-7 times..from full tank - 1/4 tank..doesnt go past 220F !! which is pretty impressive for a 98F day and hard pounding ..so at 1/4 we take a peak at the new pipe and sure enough !!! same thing..smokein and cracked!,the look on the shop owners face was priceless ..then all of a sudden its a "manufactor defect"(chinese accent)..so I get this team LOSI pipe as a loaner till they sort it out with VANTAGE ..I put this pipe on and I have to say it was pretty good !! didnt touch my needles took er out again and with 1/4 tank to empty it ran 10f cooler?? cant figure that 1 out ..but didnt care took my new pipe and split..
By the time that was over I received a email by the vantage guy and he says"he talked to the guy and they are sending them 2 new pipes"
I'm not sure if I'm gonna give this pipe back? it cools my motor and gives a good range for the Axial..
DSC04011.jpg

DSC04012.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So any updates with the Vantage pipe situation! I am thinking of purchasing one for my Axial 28RR ???

nope .they never got back to me..I figured they wouldnt ,+ I have a new pipe now so there isnt really anything to do.pipe was great ,Id buy 1 in a sec if I knew they were'nt gonna burn up

Latest posts

Members online

Back