Is there a class where you can race a Savage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes I like to bring up old things like this. I have never been a racer - unless with buddies on a makeshift course at a park or back yard :)

But I'm off work today staring at my Savage and thinking how cool a nitro 1/8 MT class would be but on non-groomed motocross style tracks with a good mix of long straights, fast sweeping turns and a couple decent jumps...I'd like some off camber drop offs and and a nice uphill section to pull as well! I'll pass on rhythm sections and tight and technical. That would pretty much be a dream of mine to have an acre to make that and have a lot of fun seeing how many clean laps you and others can do.

Sometimes I like to bring up old things like this. I have never been a racer - unless with buddies on a makeshift course at a park or back yard :)

But I'm off work today staring at my Savage and thinking how cool a nitro 1/8 MT class would be but on non-groomed motocross style tracks with a good mix of long straights, fast sweeping turns and a couple decent jumps...I'd like some off camber drop offs and and a nice uphill section to pull as well! I'll pass on rhythm sections and tight and technical. That would pretty much be a dream of mine to have an acre to make that and have a lot of fun seeing how many clean laps you and others can do.
That's a dream most of us old MT bashers have. Hell, I'd settle for a bmx track within an hour drive to run at once in a while. Just wish all my bashing buddies hadn't grown up. That said, the last time I was at the BMX track (that's over an hour away), I was alone and still had one of my best bashing days ever. Just would have been more fun running with another to at least take a few vids.

Latest posts

Members online

Back