Is possible to have a "hybrid" set of differential gears?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piccions93

Ho guys, i wonder if it's possible to have the original straight teeth gears on the rear differential and the helical ones one the front differential. The number of teeth is different, but if diameters is still the same then no problem, as the gear ratio is still the same on the two axes.
I wasbthinkijg to this because i cannot find any single 9T pinion except from rc4me, but they don't ship to other countries.

I wouldn't recommend it.
The gear sets will act completely different from each other and ultimately have 2 different gear ratios front to back. If anything you'll end up putting more stress on the drivetrain. You're better off doing all helical cut gears or keep to the BP gears all round.
Just my opinion tho, I could be wrong ?

If the gear ratio are different, then it is not possible. Just impossible. I'm not finding gears on internet, i find all stuff on rc4me but cannot ship to my country

No friend, they don't. I've sent an email and they answered to me. But anyway they said that they will inform me when they will.

I wouldn't recommend it.
The gear sets will act completely different from each other and ultimately have 2 different gear ratios front to back. If anything you'll end up putting more stress on the drivetrain. You're better off doing all helical cut gears or keep to the BP gears all round.
Just my opinion tho, I could be wrong ?

THO...??????

OH YOU MUST HAVE MEANT "THOUGH ".
SURPRISED YOU DIDN'T CRITIQUE HIS ( I wasbthinkijg to this ) ,
OR SEE YOUR MISTAKE WITH THE USE OF " drivetrain " (DRIVE-TRAIN / DRIVE TRAIN )
AND "gears all round." I'M SURE YOU MEANT ALL AROUND.
AND WHAT THE H#LL IS A "BARRA" ( Barra is an island in the Outer Hebrides, Scotland, )
AND A PHAT (READ FAT ) TURBSKIE ??
SEE WHERE THIS IS GOING ??

Last edited:
AND WHAT THE H#LL IS A "BARRA" ( Barra is an island in the Outer Hebrides, Scotland, )
AND A PHAT (READ FAT ) TURBSKIE ??
SEE WHERE THIS IS GOING ??

Barra motor, probably Australia's most iconic motor. Fitted with a "phat turbskie" is a huge snail strapped to the side of it, aka turbocharger. Popular trend going around Aus atm is #barratheworld. They are great engines after all, and can be picked up from the wreckers for as low as $500AUD!!!! Its a bargain. Or you do the dumbass move like me and buy a limited edition car on finance ?
The big boy toy as apposed to the lil Savage that I frequently break

barra-sticker_420x.png

@Biddie_fiddler

YOU ENTIRELY MISSED THE POINT...

THO...??????

OH YOU MUST HAVE MEANT "THOUGH ".
SURPRISED YOU DIDN'T CRITIQUE HIS ( I wasbthinkijg to this ) ,
OR SEE YOUR MISTAKE WITH THE USE OF " drivetrain " (DRIVE-TRAIN / DRIVE TRAIN )
AND "gears all round." I'M SURE YOU MEANT ALL AROUND.

This is ridicoulous. What's the point in arguing about grammar in a thread for differential gears? I don't get it :bored:

Latest posts

Members online

Back