Is my ESC a gonner?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayOhh

So suddenly while doing some hard bashing and hillclimbing (on 4s) my Flux XL wouldn´t go anymore. Steering worked fine but only cogging and strange noises while giving it gas. I changed the batteries but still the same. I think I saw some smoke and it smelled somewhat burned, but nothing bad.

Esc starts up as normal, and is giving orange, green and red lights while pulling the trigger (neutral, throttle and reverse) so everything seems fine. It just wont work. checked all connections and couldnt find anything wrong. Also tried another motor and same thing happend. Using the Sanwa Rx which is pretty new, so I don't think its a Rx-issue.

So has anybody else experienced a bad Esc when all the lights are working as normal?

Since you swapped the motor and battery already I'd say you have isolated your issue. Your ESC is likely damaged. If you want to be 100% sure you could swap in a different ESC if you have one. When there is smoke in electronic devices is it rare to not be unusable in some way.

I got a Slash with a Hobbywing 120a in it, but not the same motorconnections. Don't know if I'm gonna bother to try to hook it up, Thinking about buying a Hobbywing for the Savage aswell. Any experience with the Ezrun max8?

I have no personal experience with them. However from what I have seen on this site and others, they seem to be quite popular. Especially for the price.

I have the max 8 combo in my custom Savage and it is great. NO problems at all.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back