Integy MSR8 Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZxIRAX

Hi all,

You may recall me mentioning a couple of months ago that I had bought a set of Integy MSR8's for my savvy.

I managed to fit these fairly easily however I had a problem. The black sleve (whatever it is called) that fits inside the shock eyelet which you put the bolt through the shock tower. (I hope that you can understand this) The sleve is approx 10mm and you need 2 of them to allow the shocks to rotate, however the bolt supplied with the kit and the stock bolt will not fit through both sleves, shocks and shock towers. Thus the shocks do not function correctly as they are rubbing tightly against the shock tower.

I found this picture on the forums of the same shocks, but do not look asthough they have the seleve I am talking about:
attachment.php

Could anyone help with that I need to resolve this problem?

I have a few ideas, but it may just be easier if someone has done this before and can reccomend a part I can buy?

Thanks!

just use a short piece of fuel tubing through the top instead. just make sure you leave enough room for the shock to swivle. you will need to put a washer on the outside of each end to keep the shock in place. don't over tighten and use a new nylock nut.

I just fixed mine last night. Drill out your top mounting hole to 7/32". Then insert the small flange type ball mounts from the factory shocks into them - perfect fit, and the movement you need.

-Moto

Drill out your top mounting hole to 7/32".

By this I guess that you mean the top hole in the shock? I presume so, as I attempted to use the stock shock pivot ball joints in the mounting hole of the shock but they were slightly too big. I guess drilling the holes would be the answer =)

They give you inserts, but they are too long (wide). I simply just cut mine down and used the original screws.

I have pics if needed.

I just fixed mine last night. Drill out your top mounting hole to 7/32". Then insert the small flange type ball mounts from the factory shocks into them - perfect fit, and the movement you need.

-Moto

This sounds interesting. Do you have pics Moto?

By this I guess that you mean the top hole in the shock? I presume so, as I attempted to use the stock shock pivot ball joints in the mounting hole of the shock but they were slightly too big. I guess drilling the holes would be the answer =)

Yeah, that is what I meant; the top SHOCK hole. Sorry it wasn't clear. I will post pics this evening.

Hi Guys,

As moto said, I drilled out the shock holes 5.5mm and using a round file smoothes out the hole. Inserted the stock eyelet ball joint things and re-attached the shocks to the towers, worked perfectly!!

Thanks a lot for your tips =)

I also fitted my OFNA brake/ throttle mod, looks pretty sweet, looks like JESPARES have changed the kit a little, they have included a few additional parts to make it look better too! I will take some pics.

Thanks once again guys!!

Hey, I have a set of the MSR4's that have most of a rebuild kit with them, along with some shafts and other misc. parts for the MSR8's that I'm looking to get rid of.... The shocks themselves need some work, but if you are interested let me know.

Members online

Back