installed DX3S today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Obie Pete said he does not have a cam could you snap us some pics ?

Hello Bankrupter,

I took a couple of pics of my RPM sensor setup a while ago. Right now I'm in Florida but will take a plane home in the next 4 hours. As soon as i get home I'll post the pics.

Just as a side note: I have my setup just like Crash but I used the short bracket bended downward with only one screw and I dremmeled some of the side of the sensor that is in contact with the engine side carefully enough no to damage the resistors, that way it will sit more inside the flywheel for more accurate readings. You'll see when I send the pics tonight.

Hello Bankrupter,

I took a couple of pics of my RPM sensor setup a while ago. Right now I'm in Florida but will take a plane home in the next 4 hours. As soon as i get home I'll post the pics.

Just as a side note: I have my setup just like Crash but I used the short bracket bended downward with only one screw and I dremmeled some of the side of the sensor that is in contact with the engine side carefully enough no to damage the resistors, that way it will sit more inside the flywheel for more accurate readings. You'll see when I send the pics tonight.

Actually I found some pics on my laptop.

Here is the bracket and sensor pointing to the rotostart backplate before proper positioning and tightening that way you can see how i dremmeled the sensor side so it sits more to the inside of the flywheel:
100_2343.jpg

Here a "not so good picture" of the dremmeled side, which is the left one:
100_2348.jpg

And this is the final product, nicely centered on the flywheel:
100_2354.jpg

Hope this helps!

Actually I found some pics on my laptop.

Here is the bracket and sensor pointing to the rotostart backplate before proper positioning and tightening that way you can see how i dremmeled the sensor side so it sits more to the inside of the flywheel:
100_2343.jpg

Here a "not so good picture" of the dremmeled side, which is the left one:
100_2348.jpg

And this is the final product, nicely centered on the flywheel:
100_2354.jpg

Hope this helps!

One very important note: make sore you put some electric tape to the back of the sensor otherwise it may cause a short circuit.

I just bought the DX3S where is the best place to mount it? And did anyone have an issue with the wires being too short? If so how did you fix it?

I had a problem with the wires being to short.. Just get servo extensions like I did.. works :)

Will do as soon as I get a camera.Just to let everyone know I got the RPM working great.They need to add this to the instructions.Theres a green light in the reciever that comes on when the gap is good.Just tightened up the gap till the green light came on.Then glow plug out turned it over and had a solid 1440 RPM.Then turned it by hand till the green light only went out once when the black dot went past the sensor.All good now.I hope this helps someone out.

Pete

where is this light at? what screen etc.....

on the servo did you adjust the end points in the tx?

and its designed for alkaline 1.5 volt cells so 4 rechargeables may be a issue as your best can be 4.8.. over 6 volt. I'm not telling you to but I modded mine and it runs off hump packs now.

what's the maximum voltage does the dx3s can take??? i might do the mod.. but might loose the warranty...

what's the maximum voltage does the dx3s can take??? i might do the mod.. but might loose the warranty...

this is a general answer because I truly don't know its Max voltage. Most electronics are + or - 15% that being a given 6.9 ish volts

ok..thanks..will try a 5 NiMH cell AAA mod...

Nice mod! just what i have been looking for! just done it the same way and it seems to be a good fit. cant wait to test it!

Latest posts

Members online

Back