Innovative RC Shocks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HopIt

Certified Nitro Addict
I've just spent loads of cash on some Innovative RC shocks, and I have to say "WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP" !:sick: The shafts are so badly finished that they bind up, I have no idea how this extremely poor finish was acheived ? It looks like the've been left outside to rust for a few months and then blued. What total crap ! I'm not even guna finish unwrapping them. I am soooo..... P***** OFF:stressed: If I don't get my money back I'll be paying Mr Harpham a personal visit.....:chainkiller:
Mean while guys I have a heavily modified Savage with no suspension so I could do with some suggestions. Other than the LST shocks is there anything else up to the job..... ?

Any help or suggestions appreciated:Xfingers:

Thanks.

What color shocks are they? I will buy the blk ones and if they are what you say they are I'll send them back. Your a new member so my first impressions are a bit leary of placing this deal with you and your first comments are rather hard. However I do understand your furstrations. Everyone here knows I'm straight up and help where ever I can. So think about it and let me know. Also do you have the mounts that go with it.

We have a member Basher Haven who run the Integy MSR8 shocks. He has a vid here and has been posting on them. He aslo has a forum who is affiliated with us. Look at the banners and his will pop up. I doubt anyone bashes more often and as hard as he does. These shocks are still running. Next there are the LST shocks get them off ebay cheap. If you want to try the Integy shock I can get them for you. We have an account with Integy.

Take some pics show me what they look like. We have member who are good friends with IRC. We will get you taken care of.

Hop
Site Owner

i'm running 45wt. works well for me.
as hop said, post some pics up of your issues with the shocks and we will try to get it sorted for you.

I've just spent loads of cash on some Innovative RC shocks, and I have to say "WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP" !:sick: The shafts are so badly finished that they bind up, I have no idea how this extremely poor finish was acheived ? It looks like the've been left outside to rust for a few months and then blued. What total crap ! I'm not even guna finish unwrapping them. I am soooo..... P***** OFF:stressed: If I don't get my money back I'll be paying Mr Harpham a personal visit.....:chainkiller:
Mean while guys I have a heavily modified Savage with no suspension so I could do with some suggestions. Other than the LST shocks is there anything else up to the job..... ?

Any help or suggestions appreciated:Xfingers:

Thanks.

Welcome to the site....i to have been following Rob for some time now..i bought some plates off of him a couple of years ago..plus i have him selling his products on my site as well....these shocks have been through a ton of testing before he released them to the public..they went thorugh tons of bashing by Rob himslef and his buiddies..looking for weak points..and redesigning when a problem was found.He has always been quick to respond to any e-mails about his products..try contanting him..his products now have a great warranty and i am sure he won't leave you hanging.

Good Luck

-BH-

any news on them yet hopit?

i agree with basher, rob is always quick and polite with me, like i said i have no issues with him/my shocks.
have you emailed him yet?

I think this is BS, he basically signs up to this forum to have a rant, until i see pics i call shens.

I agree...It's so easy to play the blame game over the net...I too would like to see the pics. I doubt they're rusted up or trashy looking if they are brand new...

Have you even put oil in them. Like I think they will work like that because that's what is meant to be in there.

-Josh-

Well seriously he said "I'm not going to finish unwrapping them" put some oil in!!! But yeah, IRC is not that dumb though.

-Josh-

Thanks for the advise guys, but my way of thinking is, if he can supply duff parts once, he can do it again. I had to wait nearly two months for these shocks and when they turn up they have bad shafts ? I mean come on ! It hardley inspires confidence does it ? They are the black shocks and I will gladly sell them if I have no joy from IRC ( still waiting for email from them ) I also have the 5mm mounting kit but I'm not sure if I'm going to use it or not, because I'm in the process of buying a set of LST shocks. I wanted to use IRC shocks originally because they are slightly smaller than LST's and I had read good reviews about them.I would like to put some photos on here but I have an old PC with no USB, I'm not even sure you'd be able to see the finish because although it is rough, it is still shiney. As for Lunar Wolf, if thats all you can contribute, then please don't bother !

HopIt - Make me an offer I know I can get them replaced. He has 4 sets available now, Pm me

I didn't want to put oil in because I thought that IRC wouldn't have them back once I filled them. All other shocks I've used operate smoothly, even before you put oil in them, these get stuck just before the end of the stroke ( well the one does anyway ). I'm pretty sure that it will leak anyway, probably not sat on the bench but certainly after a small amount of work.

Last edited by a moderator:
with the springs in?
i know mine were a bit tight from the off, especially at full compression.
but soon loosened up, love em to bits now.
don't forget in the nut shape piece that screws into the shock body there are 2 or three 'o' rings, these need to be lubed up for the shock to operate smoothly. as soon as i filled mine with a good oil, cycled them a couple of times and installed them, they worked a treat.

Even with the springs in there is a tight spot just before the bottom of the stroke. There are two O rings in the bottom and they have got some sort of lube on out of the bag. I'm certain this problem is not to do with lubrication. I wish I could put some photos on here so you could see the shafts for yourself, but I have an old PC with no USB. I'm not even sure if you'd be able to see it clearly in a photo.

I have the first set he sold to the public and the silver set pictured on his site and I have had nothing but good experiences with them. I will talk to Rob tomarrow and see whats up with yours.

-Nick

Yeah thanks, but lets just wait until I get an email from him first. I'm sure IRC and myself can sort something out between us.Thanks for the offer though !

Thank you SGZ
bow.gif

guys i think it should be left to hopit and irc to sort out. but i also think no more comments should be made until it has been made

Yeah thanks, but lets just wait until I get an email from him first. I'm sure IRC and myself can sort something out between us.Thanks for the offer though !

Yeah sorry SavageGoZoom, I wasn't trying to be rude ( which I think is what Hop was trying to say ), I just didn't think IRC should here it from anyone other than me at this stage.

Genuine thanks.

Hi all.

hopit check your e-mail inbox m8,
send them back to us to fix if you wish or i will refund once i recive them?!

just like to remind ppl of a few things with these shocks, they are not your every day RTR shocks in respects, as [hs] darkshine has pointed out.
they require usage to break them in a shuch due to the close made fitting parts
but once they have been ran for a few outing they will loosen up and bed in and as you have all found run grate for days on end..

as for the colour of the shaft, that can not be called rust or uneven surface (due to the colour of it) as that is the colour left from the heat treatment we give to the shaft to make them hard and tuth wearing to with stand all that punishment you guys give to our shocks!!

if want look up heat treatments on google and ull find out how hard our shafts are from looking at the colour charts...

rob

Thanks for the prompt response man! Straight from the horses mouth.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back