I think I found the problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thunderhawk6630

What do you guys think?

IMG_2168.jpg

Questions:
Would shimming have prevented this?
I also went driving in the sand, next day several minutes in this happened. Could this have contributed or possibly a combination of both?

Also, is there an old thread of a step by step on how to remove the diffs on a Savage 25? I practically took the whole truck apart trying to figure out how to get them out. I know the X models have easy access diffs, but the 25 was ridiculous. Thanks in advance.

Yup looks like a problem. Shimming would have deffanetly helped this problem. Diffs will still wear out with time but will also last along time if taken care of properly.

Usually the teath will bust off the pinion gear then take out the ring gear.

Shim them now and fill with silicon diff fluid.

... Well looks like my diffs..

Do not land full throttle That will blow a diff quicker then anything

Seen it,been there,done that! Yes shim,upgrade the plastic housing and seal skids around opening with RTV. And like SJ said,land with engine idling. Is this the front or rear diff? If it's the front,don't have your brakes set up too good as if the truck flips. That also contributes to pinion tooth breakage.
Dave

This was the front, I still have the stock 25 brakes and they need to be replaced. They can't lock the wheels while it's moving, and they won't affect flight in midair. Of course I haven't tightened them, and I still don't have a hump pack. But I'm getting one soon, so don't yell at me.

Latest posts

Members online

Back