I really need help with this!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drew82302

I have a problem with my savage xl! I replaced my throttle servo because I thought that was the problem but it wasn't. When I apply the brakes on the transmitter the servo doesn't pull the linkage to stop the truck. I was wondering if there could be a problem with the receiver? Someone please help I've tried everything

Last edited:
Disconnect your linkages and check if the servo moves through its range, if not, does your steering work ? if not it could be the receiver, is this a new rig? used ? how long have you had it? are you familiar with electronics? also one last ? what radio system is in the truck ?

Disconnect your linkages and check if the servo moves through its range, if not, does your steering work ? if not it could be the receiver, is this a new rig? used ? how long have you had it? are you familiar with electronics? also one last ? what radio system is in the truck ?
Yes it's a new rig I got it the beginning of this month and it has the stock radio system in it. The steering works fine and I unhooked the linkage and the servo doesn't go through the full range and it's a brand new servo

well then you have to look at the exponential or atl settings and make sure they are set correctly to allow full travel of the servo linkages, your manual should have a section to help you with this.....

Try plugging your throttle servo into the steering port on your receiver. Then you can see if your getting full range on the new servo. If so, could be a prob with receiver throttle port. Or maybe something crapped out on the trigger on the transmitter?

Silly question have you centred the servo on the transmitter befor reattaching the servo horn?

Hello drew82302 I had all most the same problem went through two throttle servos then my receiver started to act up the stock one that came with the was acting like it was not getting enough power from the battery also the fail safe would kick in with a fully charged battery could not even drive my truck I had the HPI RF-30 replaced it with the HPI RF-20 Transmitter and the truck run and drives just fine.

You also stated in your post the truck is new Tower Hobbies the company that owns and sells the Savage XL has a great 2 year parts warranty on new products just call them and they should send you a new Transmitter if you need one.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back