I noticed I have an airleak, quick question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sticconi

I have an airleak in my lock pin for my carb. I did the soapy water test and seen some bubble. My question is how do I seal that part of the engine? This is for an axial .28 spec 1s

yeah I have that and I sealed the whole engine but I didn't even think to seal this. Where would I apply the permatex to stop it from leaking?

Put a very little inside the hole and slide the pin in. Make sure there isn't any excess squezing down into the engine. Also put a little on the outside of the pin for good measure. Since you'll have the carb out, you might as well seal it too. Put a little up around the o-ring and clean the excess after sliding it in.

Either on the outside of the screw hole (both sides) or just replace the lower O ring in the carb. It either got cracked when you turned the carb or its gotten worn out.

i sealed the whole engine except for this so the carb is already sealed, and I havn't even ran the engine yet so I'm not going to replace anything. thanks guys i just put some on the outside of the pin and screw. I just watched that air leak test on youtube too. Thank god I did that

Latest posts

Members online

Back