I need a new engine.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

francis Labarbara

I removed My LRP ZR 32 and put it in an 8ight T truggy in place of the dynamite engine. It works fine there. I put the K4.6 back in the savage. It ran when I pulled it but it hit once and then started making clicking sounds today. I will break it down but an strongly considering replacing it. I wasnt very happy with it in the first place. The ZR32 made the truck into a real monster. I would like a little less monstrish for bashing in my yard.

So I want a new engine for the savage. I want something less powerful than the ZR32 LOL. I am looking at the LRP .28 and .30 and my LHS has a Losi 454. What do you recomend as an enigine that will last and tune well?

I run the LRP28S3 in 3 of my rigs. I have one in my X with 47/17 gearing and it does really well. I've run many gallons through one of mine and it's holding up really well too.

Supposedly, the 454 is the same engine, but I erred on the side of caution and just got the LRP version. It does tend to like a more restrictive pipe than the HPI polished pipe. I run a mildly modified LST2 pipe on my savage. Had to grind down the inner ring on the connecting point since it usually goes with a header that has springs holding it.

Latest posts

Members online

Back