I-Hate-Traxxas savage build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have look on ebay and can't find any going that cheap at all I look here and there for them but never find that good of a deal. Thats not for a full set is it?

if that was towards me, yes it was a full set.. bought around october 08..

Got my Fastlane stuff today and put her on the one thing that is not in the pictures is how I mounted the throttle servo. I just used a spare jammin crt x1 steering servo box thing worked great.

DSC00587.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC00588.jpg
[/IMG]

Yeah looking foward to getting it closer to done. My tank should be here Monday or Tuesday I hope. I have two questions for you guys 1. Look in the front left corner at my brace is there not supposed to be a screw attaching that or what? 2. Will Jason's carbon fiber skid plate fit the flm's?

yea man i just checked out the bay and there was nothin special on there...I'm sure original LST shocks are getting harder and harder to come by anyways..unfortunate since they are amazing, but its happening...

very jealous of those TVPs, i want to so a FLM mid tank kit, and move the throttle servo to the rear like bank did in his how to thread..

Well thanks man I will have the tank mounted up Monday when it comes. I still have a long way to go on this build I need motor, diffs, links, pipe, radio, and some other odds and ends

i got radios for sale on the bay if you want just a regular HPI one. i got pipes and diffs too. hot bodies pipes and purple HPI one. just an option. build does look sweet to man i like the flm stuff so much. i wanna mid tank my OS .30 since its such a pig on nitro.

Well for radio I really want the spektrum 3s and for pipe I am looking to mac's and diffs I think I'll go flux. Sorry man

no problem at all i just though id offer. i love having spares so its no sweat. lol. are the flux diffs really worth it? i haven't seen any pics of them so don't know if there beefed up but i heard there just the same as XL. also goo call on the radio i just bought a spektrum dx3.0 so I'm pumped to finally step up into the 2.4 this summer. the macs pipe is sweet to i think its a nice custom piece and its loud as hell so you cant beat that when your a nitro fanatic. sounds like a very nice build up bud i cant wait to see the finished results

Yeah I might just buy a cheap radio and run it until I can afford a 3s. And the flux diffs and some kinda of new case or something and they are a little stronger I have seen them on the bay for 35 a set with bulks and all. And I have been a fan of the Mac pipe sense I seen it.. Can anyone send me a link of were to buy it? I can't seam to find it.

Well I was talking to a guy today and I think I got quite a deal I get some carbon fiber arm braces, a header (dirty but still good), a ofna throttle break links, and a exhaust deflector for 20 bucks I will pick them up tomorrow and post some pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I might just buy a cheap radio and run it until I can afford a 3s. And the flux diffs and some kinda of new case or something and they are a little stronger I have seen them on the bay for 35 a set with bulks and all. And I have been a fan of the Mac pipe sense I seen it.. Can anyone send me a link of were to buy it? I can't seam to find it.

Here is the link for the Mac pipe,preasure fitting,and the pipe mount.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W=001523348&I=LXZ573&P=K
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W=001523348&I=LXZ661&P=K
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W=001523348&I=LXZ667&P=K
Here is a link from jcam on how to assemble it.Lots of info here to help you out.https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8629&highlight=Mac+pipe:resp:

+1, you shouldnt have any questions after you read cam's thread :resp:

Ok guys anyone else have a prob fitting the ofna tank on to the fastlane tank plate? It doesn't seam to be long enough???

Ok guys anyone else have a prob fitting the ofna tank on to the fastlane tank plate? It doesn't seam to be long enough???

if you mean the ofna 250cc tank, yep your right, the flm plate isnt long enough.
hit up jason at larsonracing here on hpisf, he sells a killer carbon fiber plate & hardware that will bolt right up for short cash.

O man that really sucks I wish I had known that before hand. I would have went with his but it was twice the price but now I might just do like badasz did with his instead of dropping 30 on a plate.

O man that really sucks I wish I had known that before hand. I would have went with his but it was twice the price but now I might just do like badasz did with his instead of dropping 30 on a plate.

ya, hit badd up cuz i think he's into a gallon with that set up & its holding up well for him

Guys the build is gonna be on hold for a while.. I got a paintball gun so kinda out of funds for hobbies at the moment will update again when I get some more progress.

Alright I should have a boat load of stuff comming tomorrow!

RB 728
Glow ignitor
JP-2
Fuel bottle
About a liter of fuel
Carbon fiber braces for the A-arms

I got all of the for about 150 too so I think I did pretty good! It is all used but by my buddy so I am not worried took good care of it all.

DSC00627.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC00626.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC00623.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC00622.jpg

Just need pipe will have tuesday, diffs and radio!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back