I-Hate-Traxxas savage build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I-Hate-Traxxas

Alright guys finally got some money and order a few things

What I have...

Savage 25-Have
Fastlane lcg ext tvp's-In the mail
Fastlane tank plate-In the mail
OFNA 1/7th tank-In the mail
Maxamizer beadlocks0-Have but gonna get 17mm faceplates 1/2 offset

What I am looking into getting

Aftershock shocks, cens, or the Flux big bores (Can't deside help me out guys)
lrp .28
Flux diffs or cens
Mac's exhaust

Think thats pretty much it.. This project won't be done right away should take a few months (sounds like forever from now!) I will update it as more happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright guys finally got some money and order a few things

What I have...

Savage 25-Have
Fastlane lcg ext tvp's-In the mail
Fastlane tank plate-In the mail
OFNA 1/7th tank-In the mail
Maxamizer beadlocks-In the mail

What I am looking into getting

lrp .28
Flux diffs or cens
Mac's exhaust

Think thats pretty much it.. This project won't be done right away should take a few months (sounds like forever from now!) I will update it as more happens.
i got a set of flux big bores of flea bay for 27 bucks so i vote those. id do cen diffs as there tested and sure to handle the LRP. macs is a great choice of exhaust although ive heard its messy on the front. if thats a concern the 086, or JP3 are both great alternatives. i think its great your goin FLM, they look great and hold up really well from what ive seen. that and they got lifetime guarantee. sounds like a sweet build all in all have fun and post lots of pictures.

sounds like a great build!! you will have to keep us updated, some pics of the build would be awsome!!

lrp .28
Flux diffs or cens
Mac's exhaust

i got a set of flux big bores of flea bay for 27 bucks so i vote those. id do cen diffs as there tested and sure to handle the LRP. macs is a great choice of exhaust although ive heard its messy on the front. if thats a concern the 086, or JP3 are both great alternatives. i think its great your goin FLM, they look great and hold up really well from what ive seen. that and they got lifetime guarantee. sounds like a sweet build all in all have fun and post lots of pictures.

1. i was gonna say the big bores instead of flux big bores cuz there metal & the body on the flux is plastic. that is until i saw that 88 got them for $27. so i vote flux b.b.'s and then you run em & review.

2. with the price of cen diffs on the bay, they'll set you back 100.00 bucks. i have them & theyre big & tuff, but then again i never blew an X rtr diff. so i say you shim what you got properly & your prob good to go.

3. LRP will rip, but I'm hearing that alot of peeps cant find parts. if you plan to run the mill & junk it when its spent, its fine. id check & make sure you can get one way bearings, but id recommend a picco .28 with the money you save on shocks & diffs, lol

4. like 88 said, check into the dynamite 086 pipe (or ofna) its a sweet pipe & connects to header with springs. i got mine N.I.B. for $40 shipped on the bay.

don't forget our pics! :jamout:

Yeah I have looked at the flux diffs think there strong enough? And the flux bb are way cheaper. The sts might be a second option for me motor wise.

Yeah I have looked at the flux diffs think there strong enough? And the flux bb are way cheaper. The sts might be a second option for me motor wise.

i hear that they are, & i also hear that they take a bigger bearing (which rocks) so you need to also get the flux bulkheads to accommodate the bigger bearing.
no, no, no, not sts, :picco: lol

The flux housing does use a larger bearing on the ring side holds up good cen are almost bulletproof don't get me started on STS stick with a lrp or picco best bang for buck just my .02

Why not sts I know they have good and bad but when good there amazing

just lookin out for your hard-earned dollar my man. you've heard good & bad about STS, and all good no bad about picco. you'll spend a couple more buck on the front end, but trust me, you'll look back on your purchase & be thankful everytime you run it.

Frddy you make a great point I'll just save a little extra and go lrp. I'll get pictures up when I get the stuff.

Thanks guys!

ya i agree with frddyj. theres no point in doing a nice build up like you are doing and then skimp on whats gonna power it. lrp or picco. although there are strong sts motors out there theres lots of duds as well. and as said the aluminum big bores are tougher and have better shafts but 27 for 4 shocks similar is too good to pass up. Another thing is if you do go stock diffs see hoe they hold up to your needs. you could always save up and swap some cens in after you save some pennies.

Yeah I am really stumped on what diffs I want to run... I think I'll go the with lrp its a tad cheaper and very easy to tune also. Hopefully my stuff will be hear before the new week.

Frddy you make a great point I'll just save a little extra and go lrp. Thanks guys!

ya, a lot of guys have the lrp & love it. again, just make sure you can get parts for it cuz i keep hearing that you cant get parts.

just consider that for $40 more you can get a picco & you'd be extremely happy with it.
picco.jpg

I had a picco bump start not to long ago for my jammin crt x1 (sold her) It ran good but need to be really rich to run good.

i got my LST shocks lightly used with TI rods for like 18$ if that means anything, they are going for a steal on the bay..

I have look on ebay and can't find any going that cheap at all I look here and there for them but never find that good of a deal. Thats not for a full set is it?

O that really sucks I thought it would be nice to have could you mod it a little to get it to fit? Or would it not even be worth the hassle?

I can't remember. I at one point purchased the full mid-tank kit from him to install on a FLM Extended Chassis and ended up selling it as it was going to be a huge PITA to install on it. Many additional holes needed to mount it and there is not enough girth to the FLM TVPs to drill holes or use a washer to clamp around. I ended up selling it.

I'm trying to find a cleaner way to do it not a big fan of the rpm box myself. Don't wanna do something I don't really like. I heard it works great I just don't think its for me.

That's a good enough reason we all have our ideas and likes. You could mount the receiver in the front or rear hanging off the Shock Tower in the Rush battery box and PRC180 or PRC181. Not sure I have any other options for ya.

What I have thought about is just having a flat pack ziptied on the inside of the tvp's and the receiver in the front tower in a box. But I am open to all ideas.

you could also run the traxxas slash battery box...its a lil slimmer and its water proof...BUT going by your user name I bet you'll frown on putting a traxxas part on your savage LOL... welcome to the forum btw

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back