I got the LRP Spec III!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rezac

I am deciding whether I should break it in if I get it this weekend or not.. I was thinking about maybe finding a towel to put around it or a couple of socks.. What do you guys think? the temp is supposed to be 28 on saturday for the high and it says chance of snow, is it still ok to break it in? I am going to break it in on my hyper 7 and once it is broken in I am going to get a video of that thing, it is going to be sweet, if it is to much power for the hyper it will go on the savage and the savage motor will go on the hyper.. Any input is greatly appreciated..

Thanks,
Craig

I would think if you use a sock you will be alright. I would rather hear you say your going to break it in in a building or something wormer. If you do this outside I would use nothing other than a hot plug and keep the temps down.

Rezac If You Break It In Out In That Cold Of Weather Man You Have To Cover The Head With Something. You Need To Pre Heat The Motor Also With A Hair Dryer Os Something Before Starting Out There. When You Break A New Motor Like That In Outside In The Cold You Have To Make Sure The Temps Are (up) You Want That Motor To Run At A High Operating Temp 250f To 280f You Don't Want To Break It In No Lower Than 250f So I Hope This Helps Ya. Just Keep In Mind That Is A Awsome Motor You Just Bought And If You Keep Them Temps Up When Breaking It In Out There In The Cold You Will Prolong The Life Of The Motor Much Longer Than If You Break It In At Cool Temps.

As long as nobody is in my dads heated shop this weekend I am going to break it in in there.. Hope I get the motor, it is priority mail from NY and I am in MN so only half way across the country.. The hyper is going to be crazy, that is why I am so excited, that thing will probably literally fly once I put that motor on it..

Hey Rez, let me know how that motor runs. When I wear out the F4.1 on my Savvy I would like to pick up one of these LRPs

I am deciding whether I should break it in if I get it this weekend or not.. I was thinking about maybe finding a towel to put around it or a couple of socks.. What do you guys think? the temp is supposed to be 28 on saturday for the high and it says chance of snow, is it still ok to break it in? I am going to break it in on my hyper 7 and once it is broken in I am going to get a video of that thing, it is going to be sweet, if it is to much power for the hyper it will go on the savage and the savage motor will go on the hyper.. Any input is greatly appreciated..

Thanks,
Craig

Make sure you seal and go over the engine before running it. They seem to come with out loctite and the screws are all pretty loose. After that though it will fly.

It is not broken in yet!! I just got the motor yesterday and have worked on it a little bit but was trying ot work on both of my toys, I was trying to swap the 4.6 to my hyper and the lrp to my x. Hopefully tomorrow or tonight after work I will have the savage back together.

Members online

No members online now.
Back